Ron Pauls Former Employees Speak Out

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wolftigerosebud, Nov 22, 2013.

1. #41 forty winks, Nov 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2013
    Personally, I would never have my picture taken with a known fucking white supremicist.  What RP did is fucking ridiculous and political as hell.

2. #42 wolftigerosebud, Nov 22, 2013
    MrRaider asked these questions:

-"Mr wolf do you think Obama the one that is actually in power is any better? Or even a lot worse?":

You can't compare them. Paul has never had anywhere near the same amount of power as Obama. It's like comparing the state governor to a town mayor. Apples and oranges.

-"Would you rather spend your time arguing with a person of little to no interest in racism or someone actually in power and shows these traits you despise[?]": Again, you're refering to Obama, and again, off-topic.

-"Obama often uses race right? How about Maxine waters? Al sharpton? Jessie Jackson?": Off-topic, off-topic, off-topic, and off-topic.

-"Do you really believe dr Paul is a racist?": No, as I've said now a number of times.

-"Do you really know his stance on affirmative action? Have you heard his reasoning?": yes. What's your point? This thread is not about affirmative action and I've said several times I don't think Paul's a racist. Off-topic.

Great post, Raider.

3. #43 goober0331, Nov 22, 2013

So now you are displeased with my thoroughness in dissecting your three sources in the OP, and claim to not have the time to actually refute anything, because its not concise enough, for YOU? I mean please, the paragraph was divided into five parts, which none were longer than three sentences. This is becoming childish, and if you had spent the same amount of time addressing the points I made, which were all rebuttals to the information in your sources, then this would of been more "concise" for you.

If you had read, I said over the past few days you have been trying to paint RP as a racist, and now have backtracked to something different.  Surely you saw this, as it was directly after the former that the latter occurred. 

Yes, you are creating imaginary ad homs, and yes, the evidence you are presenting is no evidence at all. This will be the third time I have said this, but your sources provide conflicting accounts of if RP knew about the newsletters or not. Stop ignoring this.

4. #44 Massholes, Nov 22, 2013

This is incorrect. Ron Paul is not a "powerful figure" in their minds, in fact, it his the ideology that he (and many others) speak about that is powerful in the minds of people.

A more correct example of a "powerful figure" is clearly the president of the United States. This can hardly be attributed toward Ron Paul. (which I find it funny that even you make my point in a few posts above this) The man may have charisma and people may like him as a person but this can hardly be described as a powerful figure. From the sound of it, its like you're using it as an excuse to save face from MrThoughtCrime exposing your hypocritical post. 

Focusing on a story about an old story is not at all focusing on the issues of today. The issues of today are about ideologies, not Ron Paul. 

• Like Like x 1
  5. you can't judge a politician on who supports them and donates to their campaigns.

if we start doing that then no one will ever get elected to office.

i can't believe that no racists have contributed to any other campaigns or voted for politicians in the past... it just makes no sense.

6. I did read that. I ignored it because it is a claim YOU are making about my thinking. I alone know whether or not it is true. I am telling you it is not. You are incorrect about that.

Why do you expect me to respond to your points when you constantly ad hom me/put words in my mouth/calling names ("childish")?

I've been responding point by point to everyone but you for no other reason than that you haven't been playing nice. As long as you keep behaving antagonizingly, then that will continually be the part of your post I pay attention to. It's common sense.

If you want me to start paying attention to your posts, lead with your points on the issue instead of leading with emotionally charged statements about me.

he's a retired congressman..

he is not a powerful figure by any means.. he has 0 say so about what goes on in government today.

he's a politician..

why is it so crazy to you that he did something political??

9. Only because so many believe that RP's shit doesn't smell like all the other politicians' shit.  Plus, he portrays very high ideals about human freedom etc and yet panders to the lowest possible scum to garner their support.

10. #50 AugustWest, Nov 22, 2013

racists should have human freedom too, no?

and every supporter thinks the same of their guy..

there are people who think Obama is a peace loving man who loves the middle class.. that's just how it is.

and honestly compared to most politicians on the national stage.. his shit smelled a lot less.. shitty.

think about it.. the only dirt they found on this guy is something from like 30 years ago. and he's been in the game for a long time.

• Like Like x 1

It may have something to do with his voting record, but what the hell do I know?  :bongin:

• Like Like x 1
    Actions speak louder than words, kinda. Backtracking on your stance to something different, doesnt change what you have said previously, and the tone of those messages. If you dont think RP is a racist, then why not say that first. Would seem rather important, insteading of dodging questions and statements.

I said "This is becoming childish". Not that you are childish, or any other name calling, or any other ad homs. Stop hiding behind this, and address my points from pages ago.

I'm really the only person who went through your sources and argument and picked it apart, and you arent happy now.

13. Racists are just human beings like everyone else. They're usually relatively ignorant. My whole problem with this is that RP was essentially preying on these people's ignorance. Taking advantage of someone's ignorance, even if one despises their ignorance, doesn't make the manipulation any less unethical.

This also answers Masshole's post: if the ideology of Ron Paul includes manipulation of people, then that idea that it's OK to manipulate the weak as long as they're shitty people anyway makes it into the group ideology. Thus this thread poses a relevant question: do these claims hold water?

14. #54 wolftigerosebud, Nov 22, 2013
    I'll definitely respond to your thread point by point. It will be everything you dreamed of and more. Not enough time now, I'm on the train to work.

15. #55 forty winks, Nov 22, 2013
    @[member="wolftigerosebud"]

It's the old extremist argument that the ends justify the means.

16. Yes, indeed. That ^^^^ was the entire point of this thread.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  18. I won't let you down.

19. #60 Massholes, Nov 22, 2013

Another mistake. Its not the ideology of Ron Paul its the ideology of liberty and the non initiation of force. Ron Paul could kill those who doesn't agree with him, but does that mean the ideology of liberty is about murder? Nope. This is clearly something you fail to recognize. 

You're still hypocritically focusing on issues not focused on the present, as MrThoughtCrime stated. 

The statist plea