Ron Paul

Discussion in 'Politics' started by blackdust420, Oct 4, 2008.

1. He would get rid of income tax
    He would get rid of the IRS
    He is ant-war
    He would het rid of social security and have people put there money \t\t\tinto retirement plans, such as 401Ks.
    He would get rid of the department of education
    He wants to get rid of the war on drugs

He would save us lots of money and give us more freedoms
    Most of our problems could be fixed if he was president:hello:

2. all good points, but why rid of the education system:confused:

3. i dont think paul would get rid of education...
    why would he do that??

4. [​IMG]

ANT-WAR!

Yeah, it would totally fix the economy too! :rolleyes:

here is something else to chew on

5. He's against the federal Department of Education, a $56 billion a year bureaucracy. Public schools are funded by the state, not the federal government. The local districts, communities, teachers and principals know better about how to manage their schools. They would do better if such bureaucracy wasn't around taking years to make decisions from thousands of miles away.

\t\t\tNote: the Department of Education did not exist until 1980. This country's education has been in a steep decline ever since.

6. whats the point of the second pic you linked to:confused: to feed misinformation or to be funny:confused:

7. Seriously?

You seriously think that?

What in the recent history of American Education has lead you to this conclusion?

May I present to you; one of the landmarks in the recent history of American education?

8. i think it is to be funny
    b/c it is incorrect
    i would have so much money if i did not have to pay my taxes:hello:

9. that is a terrible situation
    i guess i got lucky and i live in cali
    and they teach evolution

10. Devil's Advocate. No better way to stir some conversation on a boring night.

11. lets not forget he will get rid of the Feral Reserve
    which is not even a branch of government

It was created by a handful of corrupt elitist Senators right before Christmas break! That is the only way the could pass the Federal Reserve Act. It has been sapping the life of ou country since.

IT IS CENTRAL ECONOMIC PLANNING! We haven't had true capitalism for 100 yrs!

This is not capitalism.
    This is central economic planning by the a private banking cartel of international banks!!!!

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs.
    " --Thomas Jefferson

LISTEN TO THE FOUNDERS, LISTEN TO RON PAUL, JOIN THE R3VOLUTION!

12. Well the truth about income tax is that it does not pave out streets, pay for police or our schools. In fact, everything that you can think of that tax money should be used for is all paid for by non income tax funds. Income tax is a system designed to redistribute wealth to a few powerful people, and there isn't even a law that says one has to pay said tax. The only "law" is the mafia type antics used by the IRS to take your money.

13. Yeah, and I mean, that's just the tip of the iceberg.

You start to take away a notion of centralized education, a consensual cirriculum, remove government funding, and you're pretty much confining everybody to socioeconomic castes.

I mean the department of education in the US definitely leaves much to be desired, but you take that away, and you actually expect people below the poverty line to EVER even have an opportunity of success in life?

I mean, talk about a violation of liberties, you pretty much remove millions of people's access to education.

14. oh ok dude, that makes more sense about your comment with the 'landmark in US education' thing too haha, but its confusing, like do you always do that:confused:

15. Yes, I enjoy being bewildering and borderline coherent.

16. #16 blackdust420, Oct 4, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2008
    the internet is free at public liberty
    if people in poverty don't get the education they believe they need they should act upon themselves to teach themselves
    thats what i had to do to learn about nutrition
    my parents are over weight
    and they did not teach me good nutrition
    i went to the public library to read on the internet what i should be putting into my body and how much water i should be drinking
    since then I went from 210 pounds freshman year to 160 senior year with all muscle
    there is always a way if you look

17. We dont need no education:D

18. Are you serious? The US education system is horrible! What makes you think it is not a complete failure?

Because some judge thinks ID is a religious concept? I think we should allow kids to learn about the holes in Darwinism.

If you want to learn, check out:
    Cloning of the American Mind by Eakman
    The Underground History of American Education and Dumbing us Down by Gatto
    The Conspiracy of Ignorance: The Failure of American Schools by Gross
    The Harsh Truth about Public Schools by Shortt
    None Dare Call it Education by Stormer
    Inside American Education: The Decline, The Deceptions, The Dogma
    by Sowell

and for alternative perspectives on Kitzmiller's activism:
    [​IMG]
    Which argues Kitzmiller's Partisan history of ID, his unpersuasive case against the scientific status of ID, his failure to treat religion in a neutral manner, and his limited value as precedent. The Discovery Institute, by the way, feels that Intelligent Design should not be taught.

And then:
    [​IMG]

Which provides scientific reasoning to support alternative and coexisting theories to Darwinism.

I don't think it is necessarily good for schools to be teaching ID, because it is kind of a defeatist theory, but it doesn't need to be ignored completely in schools because it is favored by some religious nuts.

19. I assume you mean "library" (if not, then I don't know what you're speaking about).

Who do you think funds public libraries?

Private libraries are prohibitively expensive as well.

Not to mention that the internet is by no means a replacement for k-12.

Yes, that's a wonderful sentiment about self-motivation and initiative and all that, but how practical is that, when a single mother of four, has to work, feed, cloth, and TEACH her children?

Right, but that doesn't even remotely make you qualified to be an actual nutritionist in the medical sense.

Not to mention that I'm sure you've attended either private or public educational institutions, and if not, your parents have. In fact, you've just helped me illustrate a point.

Yet, you're doing this all in the confines, and even making use of the very system you think it wise to abolish.

Please come back when you have a better argument for me.

20. Nothing should be ignored in schools..and those alternative theories should be taught as well as darwinism