Ron Paul won't win...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by xDS, Jan 22, 2012.

1. As much as I support him, we all need to realize it isn't going to happen. He fell short on Iowa, New Hampshire, and is now in last place in SC. He isn't going to spend a lot of time in Florida but he said his presence will be known. He won't win Virginia because hardly no one even knows of the guy. Our local news talks about everyone besides Ron Paul. I just give up, I would rather have Obama than any other GOP candidate. Plus this is most likely his last run because of his age. Maybe Rand Paul can save us in 2016? Who knows....

2. You must not know Dr. Paul's strategy that well. South Carolina is one state dood. Stay optimistic man, these guys know what they are doing. Nevada will be the first state that Dr. Paul carries, and the game will change from there.

3. How about just voting and promoting the guy you believe in. There's nothing to gain by saying 'he won't win' and everything to gain by spreading his message.

Besides, he has stronger support in other regions. He has a lot of support in big-delegate states like California and Texas.

4. What if Oprah has an epiphany and is like, "He is the one!"?

Or what if a hidden camera captures proof of a conspiracy among the other candidates and the media?

Or what if someone puts Romney, Gingrich and Santorum in the trunk of my car and drives it off a bridge?

Chances are slim, but I wouldn't give up all hope.

5. #5 myoung7189, Jan 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2012
    We have 47 states left to go…

Edit: Ron Paul garnered only 4 percent of the vote in south carolina in 2008; he got 14 percent today. He tripled his support in a very tough state for him. If the good Dr. continues this momentum then he will undoubtedly will win these states where he finished:

2nd- Nevada, Montana, Pennsylvania, Indiana, North Carolina, Nebraska, Oregon, Idaho, South Dakota, New Mexico, Northern Mariana Islands

3rd- North Dakota, Utah, Alaska, Maine, Kansas, Washington, Virginia, Wisconsin, Vermont, Rhode Island, Ohio, Texas, Mississippi, West Virginia, Kentucky, Indiana, North Carolina, Washington DC, Puerto Rico

Maybe we have more than 47 primaries to go because I had no idea that D.C., Puerto Rico, and Northern Mariana Island had primaries. Do these states have delegates?

6. 564 delegates to be split between Paul and Romney | Ron Paul 2012 | Peace . Gold . Liberty

7. Plus you miss one big thing going for Virginia, there are only two candidates on the ballot, Romney and Paul!!! Virginia is finally going to be a real showdown!:D

Cannot wait to see that one.....:p

8. Just pay attention to mjus post

9. Seriously Oprahs been into some shady shit lately

10. No one but Paul.

Deal with it GOP establishment.

Ron gets the nomination or prepare for 4 more years of Obama.

11. No one but Paul.

Deal with it GOP establishment.

Ron gets the nomination or prepare for 4 more years of Obama.

12. I see no reason to vote Republican if Ron Paul doesn't win. They don't represent me anymore than the Democrats represent me.

13. I'm staying hopeful.

Will truly be miraculous if he wins, just alone for having lack of coverage(compared to the others). I'm hopeful, but wouldn't be surprised if he lost. Maybe somewhat just because it shows truly how fucked America is, and how many Americans are retarded.

14. So was that so true it's worth saying twice? In that case, it's so true it's worth quoting a third time too!:D :laughing:

15. Ive also realized that Ron Paul can't win... And regardless how much I follow him, the media and money won't go to him... You need money to become
    President and he had 12 million, he's down to 3.5 million... Mitt has a lot left as well does Gingrich.... And let's not get started with obama.

But I've come to terms that I won't vote... Because I'm not going to vote for any corrupt lobbyist... That's against
    My principals. I'm a libertarian, I truly believe this system can fix our problems. But america isn't ready for that change yet, in time it will be a necessity.

16. Don't waste your vote, even if Ron Paul isn't the GOP nominee in the general, write him in!!!

17. In some circumstances, Obama does not even need to campaign-a "Not Newt" t-shirt should do it.

18. Seriously dude you'd rather have Obama??

Fuck that.