Ron Paul thread

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Keep it rolling, Jun 2, 2011.

1. So I've come up with an idea to make my own personal commitment to promoting Ron Paul, in other words, promoting the Constitution of the United States. I figure that if I start now my word may travel far enough so that people finally get the message that our country was meant to be for the people, and by the people.

If I cannot get the message to some people I figure that I will at least give them an explanation as to why our country isn't working right and citizens are more uncomfortable than ever. We need something new, our president should not be struggling with debt just as many people do these days. I want to let everyone know that this country could do so much better with this man leading.

I'm sure my plan wont be so easy, but it's worth every second. I'm working on a video project that will highlight/explain most of his important plans to build a strong country out of us again. Then I'm going to promote it like crazy. If a lot of people understand why this is important that's excellent, if not then oh well we can be forced to live under the government like we have been or restore our country to it's roots. I know many are interested but others are not ready to talk about it.

Also, I wanted to put this in general because I'm not sure how many people will be viewing it at late hours. So I will link this thread on other forums and see if I can some decent responses. Keep it Rolling!!:smoke:

2. I back this 100%!

And my vote will deffinitely go to him.
    I've been watching and listening to alot of his debates lately and he's got my support.

Let's make America how it should be and was, The land of the free.

3. constitution my ass, he doesn't even believe in the separation of church and state.

4. I will send you $200 dollars on paypal if you can show me the words "separation of church and state" in the constitution. :wave:

Read: Thomas Jefferson's Wall of Separation letter

5. this is false. he advocates for the government getting out of people's choices. personal habits, economic relationships, religious beliefs, sexual preference, etc. he separates very well his personal views from his political beliefs. better than anyone else.

"we don't need more laws determining religious things, we should allow people at the local level (to determine this) this is what the constitution tells us. we don't need someone in Washington telling us to what to do"

sounds pretty separate to me

6. #6 KushKreeper, Jun 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2011
    I'm not a supporter of Ron Paul. I find him far too much of a social conservative to be worthy of support. And he's a bit crazed with loony conspiracy theories. He likes to pride himself on being a Constitutionalist and praises the Founders for their policies.

But how well does he know the Constitution? He wrote:

The notion of a rigid separation between church and state has no basis in either the text of the Constitution or the writings of our Founding Fathers. On the contrary, our Founders’ political views were strongly informed by their religious beliefs. Certainly the drafters of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, both replete with references to God, would be aghast at the federal government’s hostility to religion.

Let us put aside for a second his opposition to "rigid separation between church and state" and concentrate, not on Constitutional theory, but on Constitutional facts. Mr. Paul claims that the Constitution is "replete with references to God". Now replete means abundantly supplied or filled. So if the Constitution is abundantly filled with references to God how many are there? Let's get precise. How many times is God mentioned in the Constitution?

Zero! And if you don't believe me you can go check Ron Paul's own congressional website where he has a copy of the text. Go to the page and read it yourself. It is worth reading now and then. But if you don't have time do a page search for "God" and see all the abundant references on your own. All zero of them.

And what about the drafters of the Declaration of Independence? That would be Thomas Jefferson. Paul says he would be "aghast at the federal government's hostility to religion." Hostility? Didn't Jefferson actually say something about that? He said that the clergy, who opposed Jefferson strongly, "believe that any portion of power confided to me, will be exerted in opposition to their schemes. And they believe rightly; for I have sworn upon the altar of god, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Eternal hostility to the schemes to promote state religion.

Jefferson had a lot to say about religion. Little of it would be liked by Ron Paul. And most of it sounds pretty hostile.

Christianity neither is, nor ever was a part of the common law. In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own. Among the sayings and discourses imputed to him [Jesus] by his biographers, I find many passages of fine imagination, correct morality, and of the most lovely benevolence; and others again of so much ignorance, so much absurdity, so much untruth, charlatanism, and imposture, as to pronounce it impossible that such contradictions should have proceeded from the same being. And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerve in the brain of Jupiter.

History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government. I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,' thus building a wall of separation between church and State. Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity.

7. and i will eat one of mounty bounty's used boots

8. i like ron paul and agree with most of the things he stands for. but he is just a little bit too extreme for me in some of his views. some of them are just too unrealistic. also it's weird how he's registered republican lol

9. #9 MountyBounty, Jun 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2011
    yes in the united States we are free as individuals to worship any God we wish. Sorry if your an stheist but many different types of religions and Gods are going to be held in the minds of men for a long time to come. The word God is here to stay.

Read up on some European history man...

Martin Luther

Catholics, Protestants, Anabaptists

Church of England

30 years war

to blazed to think of any other quick terms to help ya out :smoke:

Edit: hell even look at the colonization of the United States. Sure the English treated the natives worse than the French but the Spanish under control of the Catholics and their Jesuit minions treated the natives with no respect.

10. Man I'm putting some serious wear into my boots this season... I'm sure they'll be seriously stinky after campaigning for RP this primary too :hello:

11. Come on now would it really be that bad if the church and state made honest trades and did community services for cheap or even free? I'm an atheist and what Ron supports the most is you are entitled to your beliefs, just as long as you don't force them upon me. :)

12. When you say "I" do you really mean "I" or do you mean "this person that I copy/pasted" ?

No God Zone: Ron Paul on Separation of Church and State

:rolleyes:

13. I was about to ass out but that damn article which doesn't recall the historical context of church and state is making my mind recall all my European history classes :mad:

14. I couldn't even read it.. But for people who thinks he's just some old guy here's some statistics on the man..

And I think one of his three sons is in the senate or something..

15. i'm not an atheist, and i don't give two fucks about european history.

16. Aye than you will never know what Separation of Church and state really means .. early American history is European history.

17. Well, you've literally added NOTHING to this thread other than red herring fallacies and plagiarism.

18. Woah woah woah language buddy! And some of us do care about european history!!!

19. well excuse me for having a difference in opinion