Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Ron Paul Revolution?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Falling_Jihad, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Most people i know are convinced that Ron Paul is against the drug war and if he is elected as US president the drug war will end and marijuana along with other drugs will become legal. Now this peeked my interest and i read up a little on him and on his web site it said this:

" I support the Access to Medical Treatment Act, H.R. 746, which expands the ability of Americans to use alternative medicine and new treatments."

now i think this means that he isn't against medical weed but then i went down another line and read:

" I oppose legislation that increases the FDA‘s legal powers. FDA has consistently failed to protect the public from dangerous drugs,"

and he says this like its a bad thing. So I see this as a major contradiction seeing how the government considers weed as a dangerous drug.

so i really want someone to say that im wrong and that im interpreting this wrong.

2. Think about it, if he came out and said, " I want to legalize marijuana and all drugs". He would not get very many votes. He wants to legalize medical marijuana everywhere in the U.S which more or less means discrimination to an extreme.

3. I really love Ron Paul. I think he can really save this country, but the fact is there are still way too many stupid people out there, so he has no chance in hell of winning.

4. I refuse to vote for the simple fact that our votes as an American public do not count. However, I will be supporting Ron Paul any other way I can. I have already donated $30 to this campaign.

5. If all the people who think like you voted for Ron Paul, you'd get him elected.

6. Actually you should care what some polls say. The rest of your post is right on. After the debate on Fox, they had a phone in poll about who you thought won the debate. Ron Paul got over 1/3rd of the votes. So he does have support, and he has a chance. He is the ONLY candidate with any common sense.

VOTE RON PAUL!!!

7. Im a big supporter of this man's theorys, he is brilliant in a brash way. I donated 25 dollars to his campaign like a month ago, and i loved it when the news came out last week that rp gained 5 million dollars in fund raising which is a sum NO ONE expected him to get. That was supposed to be the goal for john mccains fund raising, not pauls. This shows that there is tons of support for him and if we all can keep the faith with this guy and continue to support him, maybe just maybe...

8. Unforantly, Ron Paul could voted for by all the people in the Unites States. He could have 100.3% of the vote with a .3% error margin, and it wouldn't matter if the Electorial College does not give him the votes, and they are the ones who actually pick the president. I don't think Ron has a chance against a group of old white guys.

9. Very true. Ron Paul will not be elected president. He wants to good of things for this country.

10. This is a very tough call I wrestle with each election. If we don't support people like him, or the Green Party, etc - then they can never grow and challenge the big boys. On the other hand, we know it is coming down to Republican vs. Democrat so, do we then pick the "lesser of two evils" to give our vote the most impact ???

11. He won't give the FDA any more legal power in controlling drugs. Ron Paul does think drugs are dangerous but he also believes people should be able to do whatever they want and the government can't outlaw drugs. He is pretty much saying that drugs are dangerous and that the drug war contributes to that.

12. Not only does Ron Paul want to stop the dea's shitty attempts to stop Marjiuanna use and growing... He wants to restore power to the people... and he wants to clean up George Bush's terrible mistakes.

13. i was lovin ron paul too. did anyone bother to read his other views on certain matters? hes 100% against abortion. he wants to keep illegal immigrants out (even though we depend on them)

im not about to get into a political debate here.

but ron pale aint all that special. hes not the only person running who is against the war in iraq and wants to legalize weed ya know

14. Oh bullshit

You just named two reasons why I absolutely love him.

And we hardly depend on illegal immigrants.

15. Actually Ron Paul is not against abortion. Well he is, but he wishes to leave the decision up to the states. Also, we do not depend on Illegal Immigrants and they do take jobs away from quite a few people, not to mention are an easy escape when you want to underpay workers.

16. He may be against or with something but he is leaving the decisions to the people. and the things he plans on changing are things that he knows the people want to be changed.

17. Damn it's nice to see people know their stuff about Ron Paul. Everyone should stay informed about the canidates.

18. <TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">i thought all was lost in the 2008 presidential race....then i found ron paul,i may not be a republican but he has many of the positive attributes thet i have been looking for to run our country!!!!

RON PAUL FOR PREZ!!!:D
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

19. Lol

To expand a bit on that succinct reply by Buzzard...The vast majority of time the President who receives the popular majority of votes is elected, it is possible that the electoral college will vote in a President that didn't win the popular vote. It's happened a whopping 4 times in our history. The House has decided the presidency twice. ;)
    http://www.archives.gov/federal-register/electoral-college/faq.html#mystate

So, folks that keep ringing that bell about your vote not counting? Not true.

20. Ron Paul wants to make a point that while drugs may be dangerous, the DEA can't and shouldn't be in control of peoples personal decisions with such things