Ron Paul now in top tier of GOP race

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by PercolatorBong, Nov 15, 2011.

1. So basically you are letting corporations control who you vote for because Gary Johnson doesn't get the media attention as other candidates. There is a reason for that. The media is owned by corporations. I agree that those in the spotlight mainstream media that Paul is a better candidate but overall Gary Johnson takes the cake by far. He is truly for freedom.

2. So this is only for Iowa?

And he is followed by Romney and Gingrich with 18% and 17%, not to say i am not excited:D. Lets just hope its finally Pauls turn

3. "We should cancel the war on drugs" "I think the Federal War on Drugs is a total failure"

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eduzet9GypQ[/ame]

4. I agree about Ron Paul. I have also heard in a documentry that Gary Johnson supports the private prison industry. Not good for us!

5. #26 wataytay69, Nov 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2011

Actually no I'm not saying that at all! :(

What I'm saying is Gary Johnson could be Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha, the Dalai Lama, Bob Marley, and Zeus combined into one Super Duper Savior Candidate for President in 2012. If he doesn't get on the media, he won't get enough traction or have ANY chance against the others candidates that are. Just saying be realistic. I don't necessarily agree with the way our news system is set up. Too few hands control WAY to many names in the news. But whats the old saying, "Don't hate the player, hate the game!?!" Just the fact is for ANY candidate to have a real snow balls chance in hell he or she needs to get NATIONAL and/or GLOBAL media coverage, be it CNN, Faux News, BillGatesNBC, NPR, BBC, Al Jazeera, etc etc etc.

Gary Johnson can get blog and local media coverage till he's blue in the face but he still won't put a DENT into the mind of average American voter until he becomes a household name.

Lets just compare the number of twitter followers each of the candidates has. (no particular order):cool:

Gov. Gary Johnson has 15,814 followers
    Ron Paul has 79,128 followers :smoke:
    Mitt Romney has 175,252 followers
    Jon Huntsman has 53,030 followers
    Newt Gingrich has 1,354,587 followers
    Rick Santorum has 40,247 followers
    Herman Cain has 170,822 followers
    Rick Perry has 105,015 followers
    Michele Bachmann has 114,908 followers

So do you still think I should waste my time on Gary Johnson? Sure I can tell everyone I know about him but you still can't convince me that he actually has a chance.:wave:

Peace:smoke:

6. Herman Cain: "Yus blitzsor"

7. [quote name='"wanderingway"']So basically you are letting corporations control who you vote for because Gary Johnson doesn't get the media attention as other candidates. There is a reason for that. The media is owned by corporations. I agree that those in the spotlight mainstream media that Paul is a better candidate but overall Gary Johnson takes the cake by far. He is truly for freedom.[/quote]

.:::smoke:::. Agree

8. [quote name='"wataytay69"']

Actually no I'm not saying that at all! :(

What I'm saying is Gary Johnson could be Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha, the Dalai Lama, Bob Marley, and Zeus combined into one Super Duper Savior Candidate for President in 2012. If he doesn't get on the media, he won't get enough traction or have ANY chance against the others candidates that are. Just saying be realistic. I don't necessarily agree with the way our news system is set up. Too few hands control WAY to many names in the news. But whats the old saying, "Don't hate the player, hate the game!?!" Just the fact is for ANY candidate to have a real snow balls chance in hell he or she needs to get NATIONAL and/or GLOBAL media coverage, be it CNN, Faux News, BillGatesNBC, NPR, BBC, Al Jazeera, etc etc etc.

Gary Johnson can get blog and local media coverage till he's blue in the face but he still won't put a DENT into the mind of average American voter until he becomes a household name.

Lets just compare the number of twitter followers each of the candidates has. (no particular order):cool:

Gov. Gary Johnson has 15,814 followers
    Ron Paul has 79,128 followers :smoke:
    Mitt Romney has 175,252 followers
    Jon Huntsman has 53,030 followers
    Newt Gingrich has 1,354,587 followers
    Rick Santorum has 40,247 followers
    Herman Cain has 170,822 followers
    Rick Perry has 105,015 followers
    Michele Bachmann has 114,908 followers

So do you still think I should waste my time on Gary Johnson? Sure I can tell everyone I know about him but you still can't convince me that he actually has a chance.:wave:

Peace:smoke:[/quote]

I was just showing that Gary Johnson is another person of interest

9. [quote name='"sixxis50"']

I agree about Ron Paul. I have also heard in a documentry that Gary Johnson supports the private prison industry. Not good for us![/quote]

What's wrong with private prisions

10. Prisons shouldn't operate for profit.

11. I hope this guy gets in more than anyone else........

12. Ron paul 2012

13. The media isn't "owned" by corporations, it is a bunch of corporations, and corporations aren't necessarily evil, they're looking out for their own interests like everyone else is. Also, media companies receive plenty of government subsidies so their agendas are intertwined to say the least. MSNBC is particularly (disgustingly) pro-Obama and I'm sure they've made some money from that.

The federal government is simply too large and it's making issues out of things that simply shouldn't be federal issues. Drug enforcement, public education, most forms of welfare, and environmental protection are complete wastes of taxpayer money. It's good to see that people are finally supporting a strict constructionist conservative like Ron Paul. He has a comprehensive knowledge of the constitution and is the total oppposite of statists like Obama who don't allow society and the free market sort out their own respective problems.

14. It will be interesting after the election if whomever wins can actually implement any changes, or will it just fall back to "business as usual".

15. Or if people weren't fucking retarded?

16. I know Ron Paul wants Cannabis legalized, but the one thing alone is NOT good enough reason to vote for him. Pax Americana
    Get to know him a little bit.

17. Get out of here with that bullshit. Ron ain't no racist fool.

18. Please please please stop being blinded by the fact that this guy is the only candidate that wants to legalize Cannabis. Legalizing Cannabis is a great and awesome idea, but many of Ron Pauls stances are HORRIBLE. He wants to make abortion ILLEGAL. He does not support GAY MARRIAGE. Please, spend five minutes reading about him rather than being wrapped up in his ONE stance about Cannabis.