Ron Paul now in top tier of GOP race

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by PercolatorBong, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Thats awesome. can you only imagine how well he would be doing if the media didnt black him out most the time

2. [quote name='"Micahsk"']Thats awesome. can you only imagine how well he would be doing if the media didnt black him out most the time[/quote]

Well. Pretty well

3. Lets be sure to give him support when voting time comes too. Polls are one thing but the voting booth is where it really matters.

4. kind of misleading title but yeah nice job iowa

5. He's definitely appears to be much better than the other GOP candidates, but I HIGHLY doubt the GOP will/would endorse him as their candidate. Secondly, he's not going to be able to fulfill even 50% of his campaign promises, so don't get too excited. Sorry for being a dick. :p

6. With the exception of Gary Johnson Ron Paul is the only politcian I will vote for. But I agree with the poster I quoted. It's not to be dickish but the war machine is powerful and won't support Paul. Also, he would be assassinated if he tried to do the things he talks about. I'll still vote for him even if I have to write him in, but that's mostly a protest against the corrup system. I don't have illusions of him winning. I'll waste my vote any way I want.

7. [​IMG]

This is why he's gaining more support.

8. i wish there was a site or maybe there is, for everyday joes to see how the legislation votes on major issues. it would make voting so much easier to have it in one location.

9. States rights for the win. I really doubt he will win the primary, but he has my vote. Even if he doesnt win, maybe people will start to open their eyes to his views on large government.

10. Even if he doesnt get the nomination Im still writing him in. Fuck this letter of two evils voting system:mad:

11. I think he'll owe much of his current and future success to the complete lack of legitimate candidates on the Republican side. He will have a strong showing in the upcoming Iowa primary possibly beating out Romney. If not a strong second which considering where he was just a few months ago, will be a great thing for not only him but the General election as well. Most likely Romney will ultimately end up being the Republican nominee, however you will see a strong third party showing from Paul next year. I don't think he will ultimately win, but he will alter the debate in a significant way which is definitely what this country needs right now. There is a stigma associated with being a republican or democrat these days. Using the republican primary to elevate himself then eventually separating from the field as a third party candidate is a excellent political strategy that I think will do wonders for the process.

12. [quote name='"madsativa"']He's definitely appears to be much better than the other GOP candidates, but I HIGHLY doubt the GOP will/would endorse him as their candidate. Secondly, he's not going to be able to fulfill even 50% of his campaign promises, so don't get too excited. Sorry for being a dick. :p[/quote]

Why not Gary Johnson

13. Where is he?? He either has a terrible campaign team, or he just doesn't want it bad enough. Ron Paul gets no attention from the media much like Gary Johnson, however at least he makes himself heard, and gets his message out there. Gary Johnson is no where to be found...Forget about Gary Johnson, at this point Ron Paul is the only legitimate option, IMO.

14. [quote name='"PercolatorBong"']
    Where is he?? He either has a terrible campaign team, or he just doesn't want it bad enough. Ron Paul gets no attention from the media much like Gary Johnson, however at least he makes himself heard, and gets his message out there. Gary Johnson is no where to be found...Forget about Gary Johnson, at this point Ron Paul is the only legitimate option, IMO.[/quote]

The media plays a big role on who gets coverage.. In just dating he's out there and supports legalization if you want to see what he's about he has his website

15. [quote name='"xSpecialEDx"']
    In just dating he's out there and supports legalization if you want to see what he's about he has his website[/quote]

why is anyone voting for gary johnson? He is like a clone of Ron Paul. Let's vote for RP first, since he has a chance.

16. Unfortunately despite Gary Johnson being quite vocal he's gotten little to no media coverage. Also he's been excluded from the debates.

Besides Ron Paul is right on the issues. He stands for what he believes and doesn't flip flop.

:smoke: