Ron Paul Announces Presidential Campaign

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by dolphingunblade, May 13, 2011.

1. i personaly dont like alot of his policys but this seems like something you people tend to like.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Launches

U.S. Rep. ] (R-Texas) announced that he will run for president in 2012 during an appearance on ABC's "Good Morning America" on Friday.
    “I am officially announcing that I am a candidate for president in the Republican primary,” he in announcing the launch of his campaign from the key early primary state of New Hampshire.
    The news should come as no surprise. Paul that he was "on the verge" of making a decision on whether to enter the race earlier this week. On Thursday, the strong libertarian voice would jump into the race.
    No serious presidential candidate has been bashing runaway government spending and federal overreach longer than Paul has. The Texas Republican's nickname on Capitol Hill says it all: "Dr. No."
    He is known for holding unconventional views while keeping a smile on his face, espousing a sort of modern Republican populism without the fangs. The obstetrician has delivered more than 4,000 babies and is personally against abortion, but he doesn't think the federal government should regulate it. That's a function of state government, he says.
    In February, Paul
    victorious in the widely-anticipated straw poll at the annual Conservative Political Action Conference for the second consecutive year.
    Paul's campaign will mark his third bid for the White House. In 1988, the Texas congressman ran for president as a Libertarian and in 2008 he made an unsuccessful run for the Republican presidential nomination.
    Story continues below

The 75-year-old Paul has represented Texas in Congress for almost 30 years. He campaigned for the House and the presidency at the same time in 2008, with supporters expecting the same strategy in 2012.
    This is a developing story... More information to come...

2. Ho Hum. Tell me something thats really important now, would you?
    The guy is a perennial presidential candidate. And I'm just as sure Ralph Nader will run as well.
    Big Big Big Big Fucking deal.

3. Nader runs independently though, whereas Ron Paul is competing for the Republican ticket. So instead of having a snowball's chance in hell, he could conceivably get elected.

4. I'll be damned if I live under another fucking Republican.

5. Ron Paul is a progressive republican. I see my self as somewhat conservative. Yeah a conservative stoner go figure

6. Just cuz he's running as a republican? That's quite irrational considering a good amount of Ron Paul's followers are democrats. Besides aren't you old enough to know both sides are evil anyway?

7. anyone who's against the fact that he's going republican is stupid
    like 70% of america voters are republican

and fuck he's 75? damn he sure has his shit together

8. Yeah, because Obama sure changed it up from Bush's policies and all :rolleyes:

Ron Paul could actually bring real change to America. The legalization of cannabis would be included. Free market policies could be enacted. No more income tax :D

9. I can't believe people are still playing the democrat/republican game. The only purpose those parties serve is to split the general population in half and make them fight amongst themselves, rather than fighting the real enemy...the government.

10. ....yes the evil government..good thing our cooperate/businessfriends are here to protect us from the evil cheating, power hungry, doanything for profit including braking the law and manipulating politi……wait.

11. #11 SonnyCheebah, May 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Yes. Why choose either one?

Why can't people admit that the country was in disrepair for eight years PRIOR to Obama taking office. Besides, I'm not some kind of Obama loyalist.

I know what his policies are, but you're a fool if you think he can actually make these promises. I'm honestly against most politicians. He WANTS to legalize pot. It doesn't mean he actually can. Oh, and no more income tax? Sure...

12. Well I thought the point of becoming President is to take advantage of your 4 years and enact policies that you want and that will change how things were being done. Bush had bad policies that hurt America's economy, and Obama stepped in and continued his policies that will lead America to bankruptcy.

He may not necessarily win his case for legalizing pot with the Congress. But he's already said that one of the first things he would do is take away funding from the DEA and IRS. That would mean instant change.

13. #13 SonnyCheebah, May 14, 2011
    It took 10 years of bad policy to bring us to where we are now. You can't change that in three fucking years. Obama continued his policies? He's been undoing them one by one. Not to say that he's the end-all, be- all of politicians, but it extremely unfair to blame the state of the economy solely on him. In fact, even if Ron Paul were elected, we wouldn't see changes until at least a decade from now. Then again, we'll probably be owned by China by that time. The lesser of two evils is still evil. As long as Paul keeps pulling political boogeymen out of his ass, I will continue to see him as a GOP-supporting madman.

14. What policies of Bush has Obama been undoing? I can blame a lot of the economy on him because he thinks doing the same old shit will fix it.

You're in denial. It doesn't take 10 years to see change, it takes a president to stand up and say that the current system isn't working and if we don't fix it, things will not end well at all. I'm not sure what you mean by political boogeymen...and I think anyone who runs with an (R) next to their name is supporting the GOP in some way?

15. #15 SonnyCheebah, May 14, 2011
    Same old shit? Riiight. He's the one who says that the Bush tax cuts are unfair, refuses to renew them, and is fighting for seniors to remain covered under Medicare. Sounds like something I would agree with.

It's bi-partisan quibble that has slowed down progress. Obama has an idea of what this country needs, it's just that his opponents won't allow it. He's not solely able to pass legislation.

Ron Paul has been using the Federal Reserve as a scapegoat to argue his stance. His policies are slightly mis-aimed. And yes, I am against anyone who supports the GOP. THEY are the reason you haven't seen these changes that you think Ron Paul can bring.

16. Fucking agreeeed. I figure most people realize that the party split is bullshit then when I see everyone buys into it I just know our species is doomed.

17. And you would replace this government with what? Another government?

18. There are major ideological divides between the Republicans and Democrats. To say there isn't and that both parties are the same is naive

19. hes a different breed my fellow blade

20. I'm aware, trust me.