Romney now leading in polls

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hoboleader, Oct 11, 2012.

1. I really hope not but I'm not convinced that it's not set up from the start through the electoral college.

2. I think obama will win, but that's just my hunch....but we shall see, maybe a good collection of votes will be lost in this election

3. Better Romney than Obama, , least he has some economic sense.

Rather Paul/Johnson than either of them... by a long shot.

4. Holy shit he better not win

5. Is it really all that relevant what the national polls say when the President is elected by electoral vote?

[​IMG]

Judging the winner of the race by national polls taken weeks before the election is all but a fruitless exercise. There's virtually eons before the election itself and as I said, the Presidency is not won by popular vote even if these polls were an accurate representation of what the popular vote will be on election day.

6. lol. of course thats why hes so dangerous.

7. The national polls are meaningless, you have to watch the Electoral Vote maps...

8. i will consider moving countries if romney truly does win this.

9. im well aware of the electoral college. there are several electoral map models which predict romney winning at a landslide. I dont think he will win with a landslide, but I think its gonna be close, with romney winning.

10. FUCk YEAA! \m/

11. What electoral map models are you referring to? Karl Rove, in addition to being a bad person, knows how to win an election. He has Obama ahead in many crucial states.

Nate Silver says Obama has a 67.9% chance of winning the election, winning the electoral vote 293.5 to 244.5.

12. Professor Bickers: Romney Will Win Big in Electoral College

13. TBH, one of them is going to win and at the end of the day it doesn't really matter if either is the POTUS so I could give a fuck. I think Obama will win but if Romney won I still wouldn't be surprised as they are both one in the same.

Now if Ron Paul were still a threat I'd be very interested, same goes for Gary Johnson, but fuck these two assclowns.

14. Lmao...

After the debate, wasn't it clear to anyone else who the establishment went with?

15. Idmuch sooner leave the country if Obama won, at least Romney would have some restraint, as he would have to worry about getting reelected in '16. We already know for a fact that Obama will run wild without worrying about reelection...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JpPU-SwcbE&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Obama tells Russian PM "After Election I Have More Flexibilty" 3/26/2012 - YouTube[/ame]

If things like the NDAA indefinite detention and murdering American citizens and their teenage sons overseas without due process are a restrained Obama, I'm truly terrified of what he would do with more flexibility. :eek::bolt:

16. If Romney gets elected I feel he would led us to war faster with Iran, but again, either or, it don't matter.

17. But in the end, one thing that can be said, without a doubt, is that Goldman Sachs will win this election. :rolleyes:

No matter who wins, we all lose.:(

18. ^^^ I think using their economic measures is a flawed way to predict the victor of this election.

Testing it against just 8 previous elections is also an incredibly small sample size. Each election had its own issues and cannot be reliably used as a predictor of future results.

Bickers himself says that 6 weeks ago versions of the model had Obama winning and that gravity wins in the end. So there's no real reason to believe Willard's staying up and not coming back down.

I ain't buyin' what they're selling. But we'll see.