Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Rolling

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by patrickbongford, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Hey everyone! Before you tell me to go check the forum on how to roll or to hit up youtube, I HAVE.

I have watched numerous videos on youtube and read the forum multiple times...

My joints are just not really improving and I have been rolling a lot.

I am having a lot of difficulty with the part where you fold the paper behind the filter and go up the joint.

Also any tips on how to make smaller filters? Thanks!

2. Keep fucking it up...Eventually you'll get it right. :cool:

3. Buy a vape then you dont need to worry.

Its much better than smoking weed in all ways.

4. I am an expert joint roller so i will help you out. 
                                          "put fiter in and the weed evenly spread out"
                         "well then come the tuck->           pull up on           nvm  im too high i have to go to bed

5. not helpful at all... if youre gonna answer the question on my post at least  create a relevant response and not try to be a smart ass.. thanks.

6. damn dude chill he was trying to help.. I don't think he was being a smart ass

7. Could buy a rolling machine if you don't have the desire to learn. It just takes practice though. Just buy an ounce and roll it all up smoke half break up the other half and reroll those smoke half and so on until you are down to no joints or weed left

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. #8 jake710, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2014
    I don't claim to be an expert by any means but I know how to roll a damn good J. I recommend using either king size raws or normal raws (they are thiner and harder at first but once you get it down you can roll any paper with ease). Im going to steal someone else's instructions and tweak them to the way i do it hopefully it helps 
    First- hold the paper with your non dominant hand. The adhesive facing you with your index finger in between the two sides. (Your finger is holding the place of your filter)

2- Insert filter then fill with product. (Don't move your index finger, also tons of product it dosnt matter if you spill)
    3- Use both hands to roll the product into a cylindrical shape (before you do this it can be helpful to lick a small amount of the raw that is on the side with the filter however don't lick the side with the adhesive the paper will still stick on the non adhesive side especially with raws and other thin rolling papers (this will cause the paper to stick to the filter and makes getting that initial tuck much easier) but never lick more then where the filter is it will cause your paper to loose strength and tear. contrary to what others say the next step is to focus on getting a good cone shape this is easy once you have the initial tuck down because when you have product in the J it will naturally cause the joint to be skinniest at the filter and steadily get bigger.

4- Lick and stick the side you've been holding (only about a fourth of the adhesive) Dont lick the entire length leave about a fingers width at the end don't know why but it helps. also before you go doing anything rash allow at least 30 seconds to a minute for the paper to set properly and the glue to really solidify and strengthen your joint.

By now you should have a cone, do not twist close just yet because if you want an awesome j that burns even and slow you should now take a small preferably round (though not really necessary just makes it easier) object and proceed to pack the product down gently (don't try and force it in hard because your joint will rip and you will have to restart. I typically use pens/pencils/small highlighters/ dabbers/car keys all work very well however you can experiment with different things to your hearts content to pack with. Note this step is not necessary because you could just twist the tip and be done however it significantly improves the quality of the joint only downside is it takes more nug.

5- Twist it clockwise and stick the rest of the adhesive through the paper. (Lick the outside)
    Should be completely sealed now.

ALTERNATE ROLLING METHOD (read steps 1-3 and the following before attempting): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZddWHCMP5jU
    complete steps 1-3 however in the even you still struggle with getting the first tuck in you should try using the card method it is too long for me to explain right now however their are many great videos on it. anyway the point is that after you lick the end of the paper and stick it to the filter it will be much easier to get the tuck in especially with the card method. once you get confident with the card method go back to my original instructions and try them out!
    I honestly hope this was helpful let me know how it works for you man and if you have any questions feel free to ask me my man.
    Keep rollin fatties,
    Jake
    P.S. Good rolling fingers can only be obtained through practice practice and more practice. whoever said all good things come to those who are diligent was really referring to rolling skills.

9. If your problem is the filter, why don't you just do without it? It'll work fine.

10. I wasnt being a smart ass, i was givivng my opinion. I got into vaping and now i rarely roll a joint.

I thought this maybe better for you.