Rollie pollies

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Greenstarter55, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Does anybody know how to get rid of them w/o pesticides? I'm using a compost mix

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Don't worry about them. They're a part of the soil food web.

I build my own compost to use in my indoor soil mixes. They're always there, and never a problem. They'll stay in the soil, breaking down (shredding) the organic matter in your compost so that soil microbes can work on it more effectively.

grow hydro.

4. /thread :lol:

5. Your contempt for bringing soil indoors is showing...  :poke:

We call it "Dirt" around here,, lol

7. Lol felt like stating that I was using compost instead of purchased soil was necessary. Only issue I'm having is it looks like they started munching on my strongest growing plant. Wish I could grow hydro, I don't have the experience, space or money to build a hydro set up.

8. I've heard somewhere that adding tobasco sauce on the plant and soil will kill any bugs and help your plants by giving it more nutrients

It has vinegar, not good for plants

Now a tea of hot peppers ground and seeped in water could run some bugs off but some are just immune most anything.

Get some neem oil spray very regular in veg so you dont have to spray in flower..  My last crop was 100% bug free, all hydro and kicked ass.

10. Or just use tobasco sauce just used it on my plants and it worked great

11. Don't use tobacco, its mainly vinegar and can jack with the pH of the soil. Vinegar works in the same manner as pH down does. People use different homemade hot pepper sprays but tobasco is a bad idea. That guy hadn't even tried it yesterday and today is recommending it. He hasn't had time to see the effect of continuing to use it, which pepper sprays is going too take more then 1 application.

12. Tabasco sauce all the way

13. I've used it on all my plants and my tomatoes came out great

14. rollie pollies can be removed by hand. No need for harsh chemicals.

15. Learning which insects are beneficial and/or harmless, as well as controlling the environment to prevent an actual pest that does damage is my preferred method.

I would have looked them up to see what they eat and where they like to live, determine if they're harmful or not and how to control them. Plenty of insects get into my basement and most of them are ugly but harmless, if not beneficial, requiring no action on my part.

My wife is terrified of all my pets in the basement, grossed out by my worm farm, LOL check out this beneficial monstrosity I keep around...

[​IMG]

If it was up to her she'd have the place sterilized.

Education > prevention > pesticide > kerosene and a match

16. I just used some extra Mylar blankets from my construction and blocked their path out of the soil.

17. Correction they are still fucking my shit up. I'm making some pepper tea as we speak this is war against the bugs lol ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1420869977.189368.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1420869998.190157.jpg