ROI-E680 LED System?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Twisteril, Jul 6, 2020.

1. So i have been growing outdoor for 3 harvests and , i want to invest in
    ROI-E680 LED System
    For my 150×150×200 tent
    And led light.. and i did a lot of research but my questions is
    Is this light worth 1000$?
    Will it cover all of my tent ? Or i need 2 of em
    Or maybe ita better to buy 2 cheaper led 500$ each and spread them for more coverge?
    Thanks for the help :)

2. DIY horticulture lighting group

3. Can you be more specific please?

4. Diy - do it yourself?
    Kinda lost you sorry..

5. Yup under the do it yourself section at the horticulture lighting group company. Dont think we are allowed to post pictures.

6. Around $1 per watt is a good price for a light, but many cost around $1.50
    Your light is $1000 / 680 watts = $1.47 per watt
    About 30 watts per sq ft is what you need, so your 25 sq ft space needs about 750 watts.
    680 is close enough.

It's a good light, but a little over priced.

7. I wouldnt get this as it uses Osram LED which are OK but not the best and at that price not worth it IMO.
    If you want a really kick-ass light that will be perfect for your space, Add $100 and get the HLG-650R panel from HLG:
    HLG 650R

HLG boards use Samsung LED which are designed for horticulture use, and are much more effecient (more usable light per watt)

OR, if you are ok with some basic DIY project you can buy the boards on HLG and build your own lamp for about half the price. If you need help with a part list we can help.

8. I like hlg but with only 2m height and 75cm hanging height for the HLG 650R id not rec it. Afaik the roi uses samsung diodes ffor white and osram for red, just like the old r-spec. In this case id rec the Roi between the 2 options or look for another HLG solution: eother DIY or 2 x 320 kits.
    I prefer HLG as company but they tend to do fixtures that lack in spread. I do hear that they are releasing a strip/rack light soon though but no info when.

9. Oh nice and where did you here hlg is coming out with a rail/mounting system? Not being a dick just would be very excited because rapid Led has pretty nice canopy substrates.

10. Honestly buildling your own is the best solution, if you are ok with some basic DIY.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Thru thee riu grapevine, i ihinknthere was talk about it on thee gml show.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yea because rapidled seems to be capitalizing off those multifunctional rails.