Rockwool???

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by TranSamage, Sep 29, 2007.

1. K Dammit... I am experienced some with rockwool, but I am a Long time outdo guerrilla style up in the top of trees kinda guy after veging under flourescents. Now It gets too cold where i live for that so i got a 400 hps for flowering. Well, I am using a vermiculite/perlite soil mix and I am considering just staying in rockwool since i clone into that anyway and now i am completely indo sooooooo.... think i should stay with what i know works or switch it up... i'm getting an oz to an oz and a half per plant now.:eek: i want it better dammit. i use liquid karma for my catylist and nice nutrients for flowering and vegging. i even think i can stay with the same nutrients, it's just been like 10 years since i was tottally hydro so i dont remember how much of a pain in the ass it is... but I do remember some of my strains were more tempermental.... ugh...

2. hey transamage, i find hydro' far easier than soil... it just depends on the sysytem you use. A medium I've found to be excellent is coco. This shit is exactly like soil, only it works much better. You can still water from the top too, which I prefer as you don't need to flush so often. In fact I only flush right at the end.

Rockwool is great too, though. It'll certainly improve your yields. The only thing you'll miss out on is the quality. I use the complete advanced nutrients range, and in coco this has helped bring that quality back.

Also in hydro, your PH and EC levels come more into play...:wave:

3. thanks dude.. i have heard about coco but just lately. I will have to look into that.

4. I should add that i also use perlite in the mix... around 60% coco, and 40% perlite.

Here's a pic of most of the bud I harvested from 2 seed plants yesterday. I have the real crop coming through in a few weeks.

Attached Files:

5. yuuuuup!!! I will send you some pics of donky dicks from the tops of trees when i was in TX. I am getting like 7-9 colas now. Do i gotta get vermiculite and perlite and coco separately and then mix?

6. You shouldn't need the vermiculite as coco is very good at retaining water. It's also good at retaining oxygen... it's just you can never have enough oxygen for your roots, hence the perlite. Just perlite and coco...

7. k and i guess 6 -6.5 is ok for ph? can i get a tester at like a fish store and do i have to use distilled water too?

8. i go for 5.8-6.0ph...

I peak at 2.0 ec halfway through flower.

Ever considered DWC? Here's a cola from a strain that is 6 weeks into a 10 week cycle... the strain btw, was grapefruit. One of my older grows...

The pic was taken a while ago now, back when I was on a commercial kick. Now I just grow as a hobby.

Attached Files:

9. If i were you I'd invest in a ph pen from ebay. I'm from the UK, and they cost around £20 here...

You'll also need a truncheon. If you look on ebay (i'm like a walking advert for that place at the mo', lol) they have some good deals. Nutrient wands are a good, cheap type to look for.

10. Edit*** Nutra Wands.

11. yeah i live in the NW and they talk of the grapefruit a lot up here ;). Right now i am pulling 2 plants every 2 weeks. I have Master Kush, Amythist Bud, and Incredible Hulk.

12. Sweet. Are they Nirvana strains?

2 plants every 2 weeks is nice going. NW of england? I'm from the Midlands.

13. NW USA and the Kush is Nirvana, The AMYTHIST is Coma, and The Hulk is an outdoor strain from Humbolt County, California USA.

14. I had some kush from Nirvana but they didn't turn out. I germed 5 seeds and got 3 of the best males you've ever seen. Unfortunately the two fem's were not very good.

I'm growing a strain called Chronic X White Russian at the moment.