Rockwool transplant into bubble buckets

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Smokedawg12, Nov 12, 2011.

1. 1st time growing. Put 6 OG Kush seeds in a humidity dome and all 6 sprouted. 4 of them are showing roots at the bottom, when should I transfer to my 5 gal buckets. Also where should the rockwool sit in the hydroton. Low enough that the cube is getting saturated or should I top feed for a week and let the roots work it's way down?

2. You could wait a week or so to transplant after seeing roots. There are many variables, because plants do start to demand nutrients as they get bigger.... But you should be fine with water for at least a week.

Then after transplanting, plant the rockwhool cube flush with the top of the hydroton and top feed for a week. As soon as the roots touch the water in the bucket you are may stop top feeding.

3. Thank you for the help. I'm probably gonna start up some new seeds tonight. Hopefully these ones live. Should I move rockwool to my buckets immediately after my plant shows roots and give them a light nutrient solution? Or should I give them a few weeks to grow on their own with purified water. Also I'm using house and garden aqua flakes and it has a cutting/seedling feed schedule should I follow this or is it 50% strength. Sorry for all the noob questions I jus wanna get everything right this time around

4. Id wait another week after your plants start showing roots. Then move them into the bucket and start with a half strength nutrient schedule for the first week. If your plants look good, go to normal strength... It will take some practice but youll get it :) i wouldnt wait any longer than a week to transplant, but thats just me.

5. so I germinated some seeds on Wednesday and I think there steadily on track. Two of them are showing first true leaves. I have them under t5's 16 hours a day. Some of the roots are sticking out of the bottom and I don't want it to dry out should I transfer now or wait a few more days?

Attached Files:

6. I would wait another week or so. Why not have your lights on longer? Maybe 20/4?

7. Thanks for the info! Plants are lookin pretty good. I switched the lighting and they seem to enjoy it

8. I knew they would ;) Keep up the good work!