rockwool in DWC bubbler

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by brandnewgrowguy, Aug 29, 2010.

1. i have posted some things on here cuz i was having big prob with my plants dieing but i have brought them back by flushing my container and i have had crazy new growth and roots hanging 10 inches and they are only 2 weeks old. they look like they are healing well and thank you guys for all the advice. my question in now that i have great aeration in my tank and tons of roots hanging down in the nutrient solution but i leave my water pump running 24/7 with tubes feeding to my rockwool. my plants arent showing signs of overwatering at all! but still curiuos if thats something i shouldnt be doing or if there is enough aeration so it doesnt matter?

2. Top feeding a DWC system 24/7 probably isnt needed. Could get a timer and have the pump come on a couple times a day for a few minutes to keep the rockwool moist but as long as the roots are dipping down into the water with aeration and they are happy, I wouldnt worry.

A pot full of rockwool thats kept dripping wet constantly could possibly attract pests or mold.

Happy growing! :)

3. ok thank you i am also wondering i had a prob wit hmy plants with 1/2 tspn of nutes per gallon i flushed and used same amount and now im having awesome growth im thinkin my prob was that one day my tank got over 80 degress for water temp. i am wondering if when i change my fluid again in few days if i should use same amount of nutes of increase it a lil plants are growing great the way it is so dont wanna mess it up