rockwool cubes to soil?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jashbery, Feb 6, 2007.

1. I have four rockwool cubes with seeds in them that have germinated and are now growing and looking pretty cute under a flourescent...was going to use them for hydro, but for a variety of ridiculous reasons have ended up planning for soil...one cube is already showing roots at the bottom...as a relative newcomer to all of this, shall I

1. wait till the other three show roots before putting all four in the soil?
    2. assume that rockwool cubes in my soil mix will adapt and thrive?
    3. give it all up and try to get my hydro system going again?

I'm using 250 HPS in a small closet set up.
    best,
    jash

2. Lol, yeah man, you can transplant them. The only way it wouldn't work is if you started them hydroponically. Hydro plants roots are WAYYYY different than soil plants.

3. OK, good - thanks! I'll wait till all four show roots through the rockwool, then place the cubes in some biobizz soil...i guess this will take a couple more days, then I'll veg them and hope for the best.

my first and last time growing with soil, though! i'm making all the mistakes one can...thinking as i was doing hydro, i put the cubes in soil before they were showing roots through the cubes, and the four plants promptly withered...till I plucked them out of the soil and back under floro in an incubator...where they promptly revived and practically thanked me for not strangling them to death!