rockwool conditioner that important?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by mosberg911, Mar 17, 2007.

1. i have my seeds germinating is it that important that i use rockwool conditioner or can i just use the rockwool i have and ass ph down to the res

2. Rockwool conditioner, not so important, but conditioning your rockwool you must......

If you don't want to order any conditioner, just adjust some water to a pH of 5.5 and soak your cubes in it for 24 hours. If you skip this step then you will run into pH problems throughout your grow, and it'll just ake your life and your plant's lives more difficult. We don't want that do we?

3. I just sit my rockwool in pH adjusted water for like 30 minutes... of course they are the smaller 2inch squares. I have heard it is more important to properly soak the larger blocks. But to answer your question - I didn't use any special conditioner but had 12 of 12 grow fine in my rockwool.

4. Do you all know the difference between rockwool conditioner and ph adjusted water? No, I didn't think so.

I be twisting in the wind
    I suffer from nute deficit
    cuase my dumb grower took a short cut!

Rockwool conditioner stablizes rockwool for the duration of the grow, ph adjusted water does not.