Rockin' the textbooks

Discussion in 'The Bookshelf' started by Disinterest, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Who else is up to their (eye)balls in final exams and papers right now? Please tell me I'm not the only one, I need people to commiserate with.

2. I dont have finals until June, which is dank as hell I dont have to worry about studying for awhile plus im doing really well in all my classes so I might not even have to when they come around in June.

3. I hate sustained mental effort, so I dropped out of school and became a woodworker.

Best descision of my life, I can make a couch that will sell for $12,000 in ten eight hour days.

That translates to $6000 per week with a 9th grade education.

4. That my friend, is amazing. I have mad respect for tradespeople and I always hated the unspoken division in my high school between university-bound kids and trade-bound kids. +rep for doing what you love

5. i am.. i'm just drunk instead of doing any work though...

6. Yeah I have exams coming up, guess I gotta blaze hardcore and study my ass off.

7. From that statement I take it you plan on going into tradeschool? If you are I have loads of advice I can give you.

The most important thing I've learned about the trade business is you want to be THE BEST at whatever your trade is. It's not like being a lawyer where if you suck at it you can fall back on being a public defender.

Woodworking for example, if you've taken tradeschool and you're still halfassed at it, you're probably gunna end up with an assembly line job or somthing like that and get payed about as much as a mechanic. On the other hand if you excell at it, you can do like I did and setup shop in your garage or somthing and make more than most lawyers do.

Also, do somthing that you love to do. The people who hate their job always seem to end up in an assembly line. The people who have made all the furniture in their house just beceause they like making furniture end up getting creative and make really valuable stuff.

There's plenty more where that came from, so PM me if you want. GL on your exams BTW.