Robbed by Dealer

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Booger, Jul 16, 2019.

Tags:
  1. I gave my friend some money to get me some shit (he was getting it from some guy he had only gone through once before, and it was months ago). He ended up getting robbed by the guy of my money along with his. He was doing me a favor and it obviously wasn't his fault, but should he have to pay me back my money?

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Not something we can really answer bud.. this is more like what kind of person you are .. and what kind of friends you have....

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. If you trust your friend then let it go. What's the rule? Don't hand over the money until you check out the merchandise. That's what you did so you can blame your friend if you wish but the responsibility for the money is on you, it was your money. When you hand over money to someone and they hand over the money to someone else who's supposed to go buy the weed from someone else this shit's going to happen occasionally.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Yep happened to me before giving someone money. Now I always go myself and check it out. Just see this as a lesson and some people are just pieces of shit and I believe in karma.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Honestly your friend shouldn’t have to pay you back. Either way you we’re going to waste the money on cannabis to smoke. Be more careful with your money my friend.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Not if you like your friend more than a few bucks. 3.7 million, now maybe I’d quit talking to him.

7. Thanks everyone, that's how I was feeling too but I thought I would check to see if there was some unwritten rule I wasn't aware of.

8. Why is spending $$ on anything you enjoy “wasting it”??

Odd way of looking at buying a sack o nugs.

J

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. For me personally I don’t have to spend money on weed. I can enjoy myself for free.

10. A timeless story: I gave my friend money for something, then he lost the money; should he have to pay the money back?

People get scheist out here man and if they can weave some tale to throw culpability off themselves, of course they are going to do that. I would definitely be having a think about all the other situations I had been in with this person and looking for ways to better protect myself in the future.

Regardless of the outcome, you assumed all the risk when you gave him the cash.

11. If I was your friend, I would have given you your money back. Just sayn

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. How long have you known this friend? My opinion; your friend is probably lying and stole your money. Cut him off right now. I don't know him, but where i live you can't trust anyone or expect them to help you if you give them the opportunity to take advantage of you. No matter how long you've known them or how much you've helped them.

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. The friend could be lying or not, it could go either way. He could have simply been trying to do OP a favor by hooking him up and foolishly fronted the money, just like OP foolishly fronted the money. Assuming the friend is lying and blaming him for the burn isn't cricket.

14. Idk what you mean by cricket, but like I said, it's just my opinion based on the information he wrote. I assume nothing since I don't know him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. If my friend Went through THEIR connect and got robbed. I would expect them to pay what I gave them back or B) give me what my money was going to buy. It’s just principle at the end of the day. Make your fuck up right again. Just my 2 cents.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Why don't you An your mate Just go get the dealer rob him lol there will b 2 of ya.
    But suppose it all depends if you can find him

17. This has never happened to me in my 11 of smoking. The worst I have ever had happen was some guy sprayed his weed down with water for extra weight and you could still see all the condensation all on the inside of the baggy or just getting a bag that's short in general. Never heard of anyone getting robbed over weed around here. I hear stories of other types of transactions going wrong but never with marijuana. Hate to say it but he could have played you like a fool and took the money for something he "wanted" and just made a quick story up. If the dealer really did rob your friend I'd believe it if you guys a were really tight in that case I would look for mutual friends and send someone else to meet the dealer then roll him for the product and teach him not to fuck people over again.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Again, this is not getting robbed. You gave your money away.

Getting robbed is when a team of dudes in ski-masks kick in your front door toating ak’s telling you to give up everything you got.

• Agree Agree x 1