Ro water

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Krazysmoker, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Hi people I was wondering does anybody use ro water and coco what are the micronutrients will they be added in with my base feed canna a&b.
    I am having problems with my plants and this is a big change I made with this grow using ro, I used tap water last grow it worked fine but wanted to give the plants exactly what they want my ppm of tap water was 500ppm and I thaught it might be too high so Iv used RO and got worse results, they won't grow and small leaves, do I need to revert back to my tap water ?
    Also I use 20% tap water mixed to bring it up to 150 ppm so I can ph my feed and they have been 5 weeks from seed.

Attached Files:

2. My guess would be that the ro water has little to no minerals in it. Tap water is filled with minerals though. Try switching back and see what happens

3. Never used Ro water bc I don't have it- I some however ph my tap what're and leave it open for 24/48 hrs and use nutrients at 1/3 the recommended strength - fox farm trio / I find fox farm ocean forest soil or any great soil is best bc no need for nutes for a month or so. Trying to go organic but still have much to learn " living soil, feed the soil not the plant!" Seems very sustainable and good for environment so that's my goal.

Attached Files:

4. I started off using RO water and found I had better results with tap. I'm not married to either idea, I just give my plants what they tell me they like. I grow in a soil/perlite mix though.

5. Burned my big girl by sprinkling a mist ofmpellitized calcitic limestone- just a tiny sprinkle in sprayer and it burned a few branches! Thank God I had flora clean on hand and flushed the shit out of it. I notice the buds on the affected branch are not as thick as on other branches but all things considered I could have KILLED THE ENTIRE PLANT! Find a formula/ does al it in and don't deviate

6. Find formula that works * dial it in- and stay the course

7. I'm soil and perlite grower myself- TAP WATER/ let sit open to evaporate whatever chem tthe city puts in like chlorine/ Floride, etc- ph to 6.5-6.8 and water until u get 20% runoff- u can even test the runoff for ph and ppms- I added some homemade Co2 generators -gallon milk jugs with yeast and sugar - shake gently bc cap will blow off- its release co2 and helps plants grow bigger/faster put it in last wk and my pepper plants and everything else has doubled in size-

8. Not the bud plants but all young plants got a shot if natura steroids from it and I notice my big finishing plant (3wks from 75 day flower) has packed on more buds and size so it does seem to help. Just change every wk or two when the begin to ferment and smell like alcohol bc the reaction has ceased and no more CO2 is being released - give it a try- the big plant was so shitty from seeduntil I got her in some better soil and installed 300 watt led

Attached Files: