RO Filter for <$100?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by imsostoned, May 21, 2010.

1. Been using this thing for almost a year and I only just figured out a couple weeks ago how to get the full potential out of the unit.

Previously I just turned the water on and let it go. Well, one day I had the water turned almost all the way open. Putting lower PSI on the unit has doubled its output. So before I was getting about a gallon per hour of water, now it's about double that, just from lowering the water pressure.

2. I've also wondered about how much water pressure to use. What does yours look like? This is how much I use

it's got a bit of flow to it, but not full blast. It's coming out pretty strongly, not a trickle.

Attached Files:

3. Well I got a 3/4"F - 1/2"M adapter, then a 1/2"M - 1/4"F adapter, then a 1/4"F - 1/8" barb, $8, Oh well... It's a lot easier to put together than using a lighter to melt the tubing... I'm getting like, 5 gallons a day out of it... I'm wondering if I order one of those 150gpd membranes if that would speed things up... I taped a kink in the drain water line and I'm doubling the output of the filtered water...

[​IMG]

I don't know how much my water pressure is but it's pretty strong... I wonder if that is why it drips so slow.. N E way... Still awesome... ppm's down from 150+ to 0-1ppm still worth it..