ripening?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by OCdaddy, Nov 2, 2009.

1. so about a month ago im at my local store doing some general shopping. im in there often so the kid at the counter and i have developed a little friendship. so one day im joking and say hey what can i get for free? didnt think there was anything. well botnicare sent them a box of free samples of "cns17" and he gave me a couple. now this is supposed be a ripening formula. has anyone every actually used this product? im in week five of flowering and i was going to start my flush in a couple weeks. didnt know if anyone had experience with this. i know flushing your sposed to use just ph'd water, and maybe something like molassis or sugardaddy. any thots would be great.

2. personally I think most of these additives are no good. People just trying to sell you magic potions. I have always had great success with regular fertilizers (fox farms, guano, budswel) most include micro/macro nutes and all that happy shit.

3. true. im having great success with the lucas formula, i started with techna floura which has a bunch of lil additives. but this isnt really a nute, i dont think, its more of a ending product but i deffinatly see what you meen.

4. #5 janemba, Nov 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2009
    all it is, is carbohydrates, they help "swell the buds"
    they have a little p-k in them to help promote larger calxy growth. ive use something simular
    it had cane sugar and carbs in it. its not necessary, bud a good way to plump ur yeald...
    try it!

5. nice! ill try cause im almost at my point to start flushing!

6. have u flowered ur strain before under the same conditions? it would be cool see if ur results are different

7. nah this is my first time with this stain. its called misty. maybe this time ill try with/without and vice versa the next time.

8. i was doing a little research on cns17 rip and the whole line up of cns17, that ripening formula is ment to be used with cns17 family. its not the carbohydrates i was talking about, its ment to help formation of flowers or fruit, maybe help the produce fast.
    what i was talking about is something like FloraNectar it has sugar cane, malt extract and molasse .

9. well thanks for the info im still doing some research on it as we speak. for what do you think? give it a shot, cause im kinda leaning that way. cause i have the feeding chart in my room, but on the back it has a different chart saying to use in week 8,9,10.

10. dont use it if its for only hydro and ur doing soil but if its ok for what ur using i say go for it

11. Well I'm using hydro aswell just not the botnicare line of nutes.