RIP. Trayvon Martin.

Discussion in 'General' started by mobius635, Mar 24, 2012.

1. ^^^Imo his skin looks more like a caucasians than a hispanics, and that is exactly why.

2. Nonetheless mixed or not, A man killed an innocent black teen because he perceived him to be a threat based on his bias, insecurities, or stereotypes. Had Zimmerman not confronted Trayvon, he would have went home and we would never have heard about it. Him being half white is relevant because if roles were reversed, Trayvon would have been arrested without question. Don't get caught up on minor issues unloving the case. An innocent teen was killed by a man who wasn't arrested.

3. Nah don't take that away from Barack Obama.. Before he was in office, people was saying how they didn't want a black person in office. Now that he is in office, those same people are saying how hes mixed and shit. Which is true, but Obama is black, I can assure you lol

4. somebody on youtube was comparing this story to the idea brought up in the book "Native son". if you haven't read native son you should wiki it at least or something. I thought it was an interesting way to look at the situation. Kind of like how Mobius said, .."A man killed an innocent black teen because he perceived him to be a threat based on his bias, insecurities, or stereotypes."

5. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj4RHJ0taoc]Trayvon Martin 911 Tape Screaming "Help" - YouTube[/ame]

Sure doesn't sound like Zimmerman screaming for help, and that's what he's claiming...

6. 1.zimmerman was a dick for killing him
    2.it was not racially motivated; media always claim its racist when someone kills a black male/female
    3.zimmerman should be arrested, he killed him with a gun, while the kid had nothing; if you can't handle him, somethings wrong with you.
    4.i would have ran too, if i saw someone running after me for no reason

7. My bad kush didnt mean to call you that. :smoke:

8. His father even said it is not his son's voice yelling for help. It amazes me how you somehow know it sure doesnt sound like zimmerman's :rolleyes:

9. It really doesnt matter who was screaming for help. The altercation wouldve never happened if Zimmerman just listened to the authorities which advised him not to pursue Trayvon.

Also its not Trayvon's fault that Zimmerman sucks at fighting. I mean your 100lbs more than the kid and you're screaming for help? Really dude? N now that you're getting your ass beat for something you started, you want to go n shoot the kid? What a chump.

10. as a father this makes me sick. :(

11. [quote name='"coalition17"']
    Who's fault?
    It is sure as HELL not my fault.
    Your post was ignorant as hell.
    I don't recall anyone saying they supported racism or anything else our "society" "created".
    You're the idiot. You assume everyone in our society is a douche like yourself.
    Fuck the holocaust? I'm gonna build a time machine and take your mentally ill ass back to Germany and turn you in to the Third Reich.[/quote]

Yes it was your fault, you exist in this society, you fuel the fires of greed and racism. Be it consciously or not.

Everyone is to blame, me, you, your neighbors, African children it doesn't matter. We all except this society and do not try to change it. That puts us at fault.

We could change the world so this doesn't happen again, but everyone would rather see the man jailed and then go on living their meaningless lives until the next be issue occurs.

12. *hops off KONY bandwagon*

*hops onto Travon Martin bandwagon*

I hope the next one has to do with wild animals that would be cool.

13. killer should be n death penalty.fuckin scum

14. i agree with this post ,and this is basically the gist of this whole issue.

Zimmerman is just one man who did something fucked up in what was relatively an isolated incident. Im not saying that its right that Zimmerman wasnt given the same treatment as some who committed a similar crime, i mean its clearly un-fair but people are acting like by jailing him it will magically solve all the social ills in this country. I mean for fucks sake we as a country have commited the same atrocities that we try and condemn this man for. If people keep trying to frame it as a color issue then ask yourself this, how many WHITE american soldiers have raped and murdered BROWN innocent civilians throughout all of these useless wars in the middle east? just look at the civilian death statistics from this bullshit "war on terror", im talking about civilians who had nothing to fucking do with anything but were just going about their life and were killed just like Trayvon

I personally think putting this man in jail solves nothing. Thats part of the problem with this country, we have this archaic "eye for an eye" mentality that will inevitably lead to our own destruction. We are content with condeming others to fucked up situations that we ourselves would hate to be put in. We hate that the government has so much jurisdiction over our lives and yet we riot in the streets screaming for them to dictate yet another human beings fate. We beg for mercy but for some reason are incapable of forgiving others.

I just wish all the energy thats being put forth just to prosecute one man would be put towards actually trying to change this country for the better, where are all these people protesting and rallying when our rights are being systematically terminated by all these fucking bills slowly creeping through or legislative and executive branches? Why are people acting like putting this man in jail will solve anything? Until we work towards teaching COMPASSION, the same thing we are condeming Zimmerman for lacking but are unwilling to show him, we are just perpetuating this endless cycle. You know the quickest way to terminate racism in this country? stop bringing it up at every turn. Lord knows Trayvon wasnt the first victim of a hate crime, but based on the way we act as a country, he wont be the last

15. Ok I have been hearing so much shot about this travon Martin kid, would someone kindly explain what happened

16. [quote name='"420tokerdude"']Ok I have been hearing so much shot about this travon Martin kid, would someone kindly explain what happened[/quote]
    Google it, read an article if you care.

17. First of all, hes not legally obligated to listen to a single thing the woman on the end of a 911 call says.

There had been a string of robberies in zimmermans neighborhood recently and he had never seen martin before, so naturally he was suspicious.

And umm what? I cant tell whether that last comment was a joke or not... If someone is on top of you beating down on your face, you shouldnt protect your life by any means necessary simply because you should've been kicking his ass? 100 lbs or not a street fight can be decided by a single punch. And do you really think martin weighed only 140lbs?? He was a 6'3 black highschool athlete. I'm 5'10 and skinny as hell for my age but i weigh 155. Not to mention black people's bones are typically much denser than white or hispanics, hense the stereotype that black people cant swim.

On a site where the vast majority of people hate the media because of its bias and false reporting, everyone sure is quick to believe every word that same media says on a different topic.

18. Start reading thread at Page1

19. The Fact of the matter is Zimmerman was just wrong. Had he listened to the dispatcher and stayed in the Car, We would never have heard of Trayvon or Zimmerman. He was wrong because he sought out a confrontation knowing he had a gun. Trayvon wasn't doing anything wrong except looking like someone Zimmerman was afraid of.

20. Zimmerman has been arrested and charged with second degree murder.

[​IMG]