Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Rip off or Normal?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Weedy Wonka, Dec 7, 2017.

1. eh. if its all you can find and you wanna smoke just get it and keep looking.

• Like Like x 2
  2. I hear ya on that. I find when growing, your light is just as important as your plant that you tend to love so much lol. I ended up sacrificing my weeks worth of weed to buy the parts for my light lol
    I spent 65 bucks in parts. Runs 155 watts at max i tuned it to about 110watts. This 20170702_122933.jpg was right b4 flip 20170727_192840-1.jpg 20170726_223025-1.jpg
    And this was 8 days into flip 20170804_105754.jpg
    Here are the other 2 that were with her a week or so behind 20170808_192140-1.jpg
    Look forward to see a grow when you are ready!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks. You should see them today. I'll put a pic in my qb120 thread. They're super happy after a water change 2 days ago. This is going to be my best crop ever and first start to finish with just qb boards. I'm flowering with 4 qb304 boards running 570 watts in a 4x4. Last crop I got 2 pounds and this one makes last crop look like crap so far. I'm getting close to 2 weeks since 12/12 change.

• Like Like x 1
  4. See thats insane
    That is def eviq to a 1000hps.
    I'll check it out. 2 pounds. Sheesh that's the golden ticket right there.
    My diy flower light maxes at 435 watts but run em at 225w. 3200k 36w 10w led chips
    Wonder how it would do in a 3x3. The dimensions are 15"w x 18"l

5. That one solo dolo weighed out to be 3.2oz minus the seeds. Was an Afghani #1 reg seed and it hermed about 300 seeds. I tossed them seeds. I chopped at 42 days flower. 20170823_191353-1.jpg made wax out of it.
    The other 2 r my bred of female Afghani

6. A single qb260 is capable of flowering a 3x3. That is it's rated max flower size. A 4x4 is 80% larger then a 3x3 so I run two but one would kick ass in a 3x3. 285 watt max even though it's called a qb260.
    Horticulture Lighting Group 260 Watt Quantum Board LED Kit

This is the smaller heatsink version like I have. I like my 3500k light better then the 3k. It's much brighter. You'll most likely want a 6" clip on fan blowing on the heatsink. They run pretty warm. That's why they released the qb260xl with a 50% bigger heatsink. It's too long for a 3x3 though.

• Like Like x 1
  7. This was a single plant out of my 4x4 last crop. I had 3 others. Crystal (northern lights x white widow). 7 gallon smart pot, promix/perlite GH nutrients. Those are the grams on the side. It was the densest bud I've ever seen.
    IMG_0754.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  8. I had an elevated 230mm fan on top but now have that blowing across. and have 4 120mm on the bars blowing down and a 140mm fan in the middle blowing up

I'm working on another I was test running some new fabric bags vs my plastic pots. And I don't really like em. But this certain fem strain def holds the foxtail genes phenon over the others.
    P 1 IMG_20171202_123111.jpg IMG_20171202_140821.jpg pic at start of week7. Probably guna shut her down Sunday will be week 8 from flip and she has stacked alot better since I took the last pic. See how foxtail compared to P3 IMG_20171203_113610.jpg
    Guna redo and mod my old version and go back to water cooling the alum sq stock. I liked that alot better. Was always cold and rocking. Going to liquid tape ALL connections of electric as welll

• Like Like x 1
  9. I've been watching your homemade setups for a while. I remember the disco style one. You know what you're doing with DIY. Why haven't you been building with samsung lm 561c s6 diode strips from alibaba? That's what the quantums are made with.

Someone who knows what they're doing with DIY like you can build a comparable quantum board fixture for much cheaper.
    High Brightness Dc12v Original Samsung Lm561c S6 Led Strip Light For Plants Grow Lighting - Buy 5630 Led Strip,Led Rigid Bar,Samsung Lm561c Product on Alibaba.com

• Like Like x 2
  10. Thanks man. Always appreciated. I'm going to rock the builds I have going until the wheels fall off. I have 3 different lights. Getting pretty decent results. Going to be about time to bust out the veg light again. I'm prepping my grow skills and my diy light skills for when rauner is gone & Illinois finally legalizes. And when it's time to upgrade my flower space I'm going to do a whole mashup of QBs and samsung strips on a tailored copper with aluminum angle and c channel frame for the tent or room

11. Bookmarked the link for after the holidays. Couldn't see why I couldn't fit that in my budget. I like them bars! Great specs

12. Yeah and $2 a meter. minimum 50 meters. So you have to spend $100 and you get 100 meters of light strips. Assuming they are legit that should be an amazing light.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. I got those from searching aluminum so I don't think they would need a heatsink. Like the qb120 boards they use the thick aluminum based pcb boards.

14. Depends who you pick up from. I remember 45 would get me an 1/8 but now I can get a quad of high quality bud for the same price. All about your connections and how much you buy. Always go in bulk.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Definitely gonna put up some updates once I get there.

Would love to go bulk if I could afford to.

16. it honestly depends on where you live, I get $10 8ths out here in oregon from dispensaries, but thats incredibly cheap. I would say $30 for an 8th is a good price, $40 is average and $50/$60 is pretty pricey.

17. I've paid 60 for real nice dank bud that's my ceiling, but lately been aound 45, 50 ish for eighth of real dank kush.

Sent from my VS996 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. I live in central pa too and I pay 50 for my 8th of loud so it not a rip off .But if the bud kind.it's the normal price