Right type of Fluorescent?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Clitcommander3, May 11, 2010.

1. I recently bought a 24" twin T5 fluoro strip from Home Depot to veg my clones. It came with bulbs marked 'ACCUPRO AFL/F14T5/14W/830 Hg'. I realize what the 'Accupro, T5, 14W, and Hg' mean, but am I using the right type of bulb?

Can anyone tell me what colors this gives off, so if i have the wrong type I can buy new ones asap.

Here is a link to the fixture + bulbs

Thanks In Advance.

2. I don't know anything about the bulb but I'm gonna say that at 14 watts per tube, your gonna need about 10 tubes per plant. to me it just looks like a small light that puts out little light. somewhere on the package it should tell the lumen output. as for color temp if you already have it then just look at it. clean white with no yellow tint is about 5000k.

if your gonna use floro then your better off using CFLs.

3. Hi there, that's a great setup for starting seedlings or clones, but not so much for vegging or anything else. T5's come in standard and HO (high output). HO's are usually twice the wattage in the same size. These are the ones you want to veg with, 6500k (kelvin temperature) is the best for vegging. They are much more expensive of course, I've never seen the HO at Lowes or Home Depot, but other lighting shops may carry them in addition to grow shops :)

Hope this helps!