Right Light scedule?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ImBurnt, Jun 13, 2012.

1. I live in Southern Oregon and was just checking to see if a 18/6 is a good light schedule for indoor plant starting. Can anybody confirm this?

Thanks!
    -Absolute Beginner

2. 18/6 OR 24/7 Either will work, iv even read of people using 12/12 from seed and still growing a plant till harvest.

3. Yes 18/6 is perfect for vegging stage

4. I set the timer to come on at 8am and shut off at 2am....Is that good?

5. Sure. I adjust on and off times when it gets too warm during the day so it's up to you and and the schedule that works best. (I veg from 6AM to midnight until it gets too warm in summer)

6. [quote name='"deman81k"']
    Sure. I adjust on and off times when it gets too warm during the day so it's up to you and and the schedule that works best. (I veg from 6AM to midnight until it gets too warm in summer)[/quote]

And when it gets too warm in summer what do you do?

7. In the summer just keep the lights on throughout the night when its cooler out and off, during the hottest part of the day

8. [quote name='"420alldaylong67"']In the summer just keep the lights on throughout the night when its cooler out and off, during the hottest part of the day[/quote]

Sounds good. How many Watts do you suggest I give to my 3 plants with cfl's?

9. 200 watts minimum, a lot more if you can.

10. [quote name='"Airf0nz0"']200 watts minimum, a lot more if you can.[/quote]

I started my outdoor plants in a PC grow box lined with heat blanket(the shiny stuff)...I had 220watts on 3, and all 3 crinkled up and died:/

11. what were the temps? When the plants are young they don't need as much light as when they are flowering. Hell you can get away with a single bulb for each plant for like the first week.

12. How often did u feed and water them?

13. [quote name='"420alldaylong67"']How often did u feed and water them?[/quote]

No feed. Just watered when they needed water.

14. [quote name='"Airf0nz0"']what were the temps? When the plants are young they don't need as much light as when they are flowering. Hell you can get away with a single bulb for each plant for like the first week.[/quote]

I had 2 60w and 1 100w bulb...and they were on like week 2:/

15. Don't recall this being discussed but I forgot already, haha!
    What type of light you using? Are these CFL bulbs and what is the wattage...for example a CFL bulb 23watt =100 watt output but when you add up your watts you add the 23 NOT the 100 it outputs. From what is widely published on that topic one should have at least 100 watts (4 23 watt cfl) per plant OR MORE. Then set the lights up so they are no more then like 3 inch from plants at all times.

16. [quote name='"jake7"']Don't recall this being discussed but I forgot already, haha!
    What type of light you using? Are these CFL bulbs and what is the wattage...for example a CFL bulb 23watt =100 watt output but when you add up your watts you add the 23 NOT the 100 it outputs. From what is widely published on that topic one should have at least 100 watts (4 23 watt cfl) per plant OR MORE. Then set the lights up so they are no more then like 3 inch from plants at all times.[/quote]

Theressss my problem. I was going by output measurement. I have (2) 60w CFL and (1) 100w CFL...and that is output measurement. I don't have the box so I can't tell you the actual rating:/ probably 23w for the 100 and like 17 for the 60watters....so like 57Watts total...should that be enough for 3 plants?

When you said I need 100w per plant ...are you still on the output scale or the consumption scale??

17. like he said previously, 4 23w for each plant. that way your almost hitting the 100w per plant mark. 57w seems a bit low to me for 3 plants, I mean when they are small it will probably do, but if you want any kind of yield off them you need to bump it up. happy growing :)

R2

18. Lights on at 6:00 PM and off at noon works for me as the sun doesn't hit the building my rooms are in till about noon.

I actually have most vegging done in another building so it is 12/12 that I have to deal with most of the time and I set them to 10:00 PM on and 10:00 am off