Riding a Greyhound for the first tim

Discussion in 'General' started by applesaucenazi, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Any tips for me? I'm pretty nervous, it's a 5 hour ride x.x

2. Don't sit anywhere near the bathroom, bring some reading materials and headphones. That kind of puts up an invisible, "don't converse with me weird old man with a mustache, " barrier.

3. #3 full melt, Sep 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2009
    Bring an ipod or something to watch movies on. Maybe some water or a snack.

Why are you nervous?

This is very important. Also, try not to sit near old ladies. They smell too.

4. Mostly because I'll be alone on a bus with strangers. I almost always have my husband with me.

All sound advice :D

5. Do not use the bathroom in the bus, buy Camel Snus if you're a smoker, the stops aren't frequent or long enough to squeeze in quick purchase of a snack, bathroom, and cigarette. Drink only enough water to keep you from dying of dehydration. Take a sleeping pill, depending on your preference.

6. I've taken 6 4 hour trips on the greyhound and she nailed them all.

I'd recommend some weed or some downers to make the time go by faster too

7. Got that part covered. I made some no-bake cannabutter cookies for the ride.

8. You're golden!
    I might also recommend one of those butt pillows, and a blanket.

9. Mmm butt pillow. Mmk lol

10. Ugh Greyhound.

A little over a year ago I decided it would be a good idea to take a Greyhound from Salt Lake City to Washington DC, since plane ticket prices were so outrageous. 3 days on a Greyhound really makes you reconsider ever taking one again lol.

But it was fun though. Stay away from the bathroom, and don't do anything to make the driver mad. They WILL put you off the bus and leave you to find another way to your destination.

11. take some pills and eat em on the way.

oh and also whatever you do don't watch this video :)
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4SQ5Ifobss]YouTube - Man decapitated (head cut off) on Canadian bus[/ame]

12. Wow, that must've been terrible. I took one from Maryland down to South Carolina and even that was bad enough to put me off from ever riding on one again for as long as I live.