Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Rick Simpson's Hemp Oil?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by st0nerb0yz, Aug 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was recently doing some research on the medical uses of marijuana (I'm not a patient, I'm just interested in all the herb can do) and came across Rick Simpsons Hemp Oil, which I'm sure many of you have heard of. I'm sure there are benefits to ingesting it, but is it really as good as he claims? Is there anyone who knows someone who's cancer has been cured by the oil? Is it a scam? Once again, this is just out of curiosity, not necessity.

2. Kush Magazine has a great article about research done in Britain dating back to 1840. And irish doctor by the name of William B. O'Shaugnessy.

Hopefully that will steer you in the right direction.

3. Yes, I do believe that mj has medical benefits. That is, I believe, an accepted fact. What I'm worried about is Rick Simpson's claims that his oil can cure any cancer, when he has only anecdotal evidence and potentially false testimonials to back him up.

4. I've seen it dramatically improve quality of life. And it is not contraindicated with any other form of cancer treatment so...why not? Can't hurt-you'll feel better, sleep better, have better appetite, require less opiates.

5. Please do a search before starting a new thread - we've had plenty of threads on this topic already.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.