Richard Branson: I asked for weed at White House

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by oltex, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Richard Branson: I asked for weed at White House
    Politico / Patrick Gavin / 3,16,2012

[​IMG]

When you go to a White House state dinner and you're lucky enough to get some face time with the president, what do you ask the president? “I asked him if I could have a spliff,” businessman and Virgin Group honcho Richard Branson told a crowd gathered at The Atlantic's Washington offices Thursday, the day after attending the dinner for British Prime Minister David Cameron. “But they didn't have any,” Branson continued, according to a video of the event as he recalled his effort to procure weed the night before at the White House. (Also on POLITICO: Obama's campaign is watching you)

What's he smoking? Well, Branson is a longtime advocate for the legalization of marijuana - and an admitted recreational pot puffer - and spoke at an Atlantic Exchange panel discussion titled “Benchmarching the War on Drugs.” Branson appeared alongside The Atlantic's Washington Editor-At-Large Steve Clemons and Ethan Nadelmann, the executive director of the Drug Policy Alliance.

The Atlantic crowd guffawed mightily, which is appropriate: Branson was quick to note that he was joking.
    So passionate is Branson's work on the issue that one audience member asked him if he'd be a Al Gore of the movement and work on a documentary on the errors of drug policies. (Branson declined, saying his son is a far better documentarian than he could ever be.)

2. Sir Richard Branson is a very humble man.
    He owns so many nonprofit organizations and he always tries to make the world a better place.

I remember him saying "Since I have the privilege to have the stature that I do, I should put it to good use."

3. Maybe Mr. Branson could spare a couple mil for the Cali initiative(s). He certainly has the money, he should put it to good use.

4. Yeah Branson is quite cool. :smoke:

But since he has that amount of wealth ... I'm gonna say this.....
    'When you manage to ascertain a certain amount of global wealth you have no choice but to accept mason ideology as apart of your thinking.'

"Enough money can make a being dangerous"

All I'm saying is.... Stoner or No Stoner .... This Mo'fucker also has to withhold a great deal of information from people just like the rest.

5. hes a boss, thats awesome

6. Sikh the Munda?