Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

rice crispy treats

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by hippie121, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Im gonna make rice crispy treats for the first time. Im about to conduct my research portion. But id like to also just ask for peoples opinion.

I'm thinking about soaking some rice crispies in oil before I make the actual treats. I feel that doing this will help prevent them from being overly oily. I just hope it doesnt turn my final product to partial mush.

Im using about a third cup of oil maybe a little less I have to strain it out yet but its roughly a third. Any suggestions or opinions?

2. dont soak anything. greese the inside of the pan youre using then melt your butter/oil in the pan youre cooking in on low heat then add 3/4 bag of small marshmellows & whip on low heat until it turns in to a smooth greenish creme. then add about half a bag of chocolate coco krispies & stir until its mixed pretty evenly.

then add 1/4 bag of fruity pebbles and stir until mixed. then add half of the rest of the krispies & stir until its all even then poor/scoop it out on to a pan flatten it and put it in the fridge for a few hours then cut em and thank me after you wake up.

3. protip; sprinkle fruity pebbles on the bottom of the pan & the top of the krispies when you flatten them for extra win

makes it so you dont get sticky shit all on your hands.

4. #4 BadKittySmiles, Feb 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2013
    Don't soak... here's what you need to do :)

Canna (or Hash) Rice Crisp Treats - Medical Grade

You will need:

- First, follow any of the below recipes for oil:

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Canna Oil (starting with flowers/bud/trim etc)

Med-Grade Canna Oil

[​IMG]

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Cannabis Concentrate (Edible & Smokable recipes included...
    similar to Phoenix Tears/RSO & BHO, but bioavailable and made with food grade/drinking alcohol
    )

-Medical Grade Cannabis Concentrate-

[​IMG]

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Hash Oil (starting with dry-sift hash, same as capsule recipe,
    oil can also be used for cooking)

Med-Grade Hash Oil

[​IMG]

For the Treats.....

- 3 Tbsp Canna or Hash Oil or Butter (if using an extra strength oil and 3Tbsp contains far too many doses, simply determine how many doses you do need, and substitute unadulterated butter or oil, for the remainder the recipe calls for.. with that said, if on the other hand your oil is weak, then you can get away with one extra spoonful so long as you used a solid-at-room temp coconut oil, which is ideal for absorption of cannabis glandular material anyhow, or butter)

- 6 cups Rice Crisps

- 10oz - 12oz marshmallows (less if you like them on the 'dry' side, more if you like them sticky)

- A lightly greased square, or rectangular pan, at least 9" x 9" and 2" deep.

- A scraper/spatula, foil, or wax paper - lightly greased

- Optional 1c : dried fruit, fruity cereal, chocolate chips, or 1/2 c towel-dried maraschino cherries :D

...Over a double boiler, melt your oil/butter then add your marshmallows.

...Remove the oil-mallow blend from heat, then add and quickly (but gently) blend in your crisps.

...Scoop into your lightly greased pan, in even piles, then very gently flatten it all out using your greased scraper, foil or wax paper, until uniform. Using greased foil or wax paper, or a greased spatula, leaves an indetectable film of oil on the crisps, rather than transferring your precious infused crisp-goo to the offending surface. :)

... Lift and remove the foil or wax paper but for the time being you may leave it resting lightly on the surface (while allowing for a bit of air to circulate).

... After an hour or two at room temp, you can cut into the number of squares required to create a solid dose each, and store or serve.

(Alternately, you can remove them from the tray, re-grease and pour melted, tempered chocolate on the bottom of the same tray, give it a few moments to toughen up slightly, then gently replace the squares.. they should still fit easily enough if you place them correctly. Don't forget to re-cut them to separate the chocolate portion before removing them, in about 40 minutes. :) If that's too much effort, just drizzle the chocolate on top and be done with it :p )

And you're done, simple as that! Consume within 3 - 4 days. :cool:

To store for longer periods, just layer the treats between wax paper then place them in oven bags, which are great for longer-term storage due to their low porosity, or inside airtight tupperware. And yes, they can be frozen this way! :)

(I don't think this is what you meant, but just to touch on the soaking, I hope you didn't mean to soak the crisps in regular oil so you could just add the herb, and hope for the best?

If so, don't! You'd be skipping out on the most crucial steps of any edible! You NEED to activate and make oil if you'd like to avoid using multiple times the herb really required, for each dose, just to compensate for the material that isn't activated, and for what your body simply can't absorb!
    Cutting corners can rapidly turn what should be a 3 gram batch of edibles, into a 9 - 12 gram batch of the same size. And that's if it even works at all, depending on how many steps were rushed or missed... :eek:

When made properly, you can consume less herb than you'd normally smoke in a session, and achieve a stronger and longer-lasting experience[​IMG])

Good luck, and have fun :) :wave:

5. i use badkittys extraction methods exclusively. all her recipes are top notch.

i've used every cereal worth trying & cocoa krispies & fruity pebbles is always a win with younger people. if youre cooking for an older crowd they'd probably prefer regular krispies. for instance all my friends ask for the chocolate krispies while their parents ask for regular krispies. people are generally pretty happy with either one though.

6. Hey how do you........ or other people reading this go about cooking like 30 grams of shake and stems for butter?

Kinda a of rookie to this part, ive done it before by 2 sticks of butter per Oz and 8 cups of water. Brought to boil them put at simmer throw stuff in w/ butter. Let simmer for 2-3 hours, strain, let sit to get at room temp before fridge then put it covered in fridge for day or so? Is that about right, doesnt seem to be doing the job? Could be not having strong enough stuff compared to what I smoke....cuz it is just stems n shake.

7. Thanks guys. I'm not new to baking so my oil process is down (most of my oil recipe is batkittys) I meant to soak the crispys in my "special" oil in hopes to keep the final product from being overly oily. I didn't know if adding the oil to the marshmellow would make it to liquidy. Thanks again for the advice.......and for the butter question my advice is use coconut oil, or at least clarify your butter before doing anything else.

8. Your procces is incorrect if your looking for true potency. I would do more research before trying to bake again so its not a waist. Badkitty has excellent recipes that are simple to follow and well written read her page before asking a bunch of questions. After you read it you'll have a much better understanding behind the science that goes in this process then once your more familiar then ask your questions. :)