Reverse Sting Operation? WTF?

Discussion in 'General' started by Ska, Jun 6, 2011.

1. I just saw this on rookie cops, some cop sold this junkie heroin or meth, she walks away and a cop car pulls up and they cuff her. Apparently they're allowed to do this? He called it a reverse sting operation.

2. I was under the impression that they could always do this? I dunno maybe I am wrong.

3. I don't know but I did just fart really hard.
    But that is seriously messed up.

I know that they cannot persuade someone into breaking the law, but if someone willingly does then they can arrest them. So I guess this situation makes sense.

4. Yup. Its not entrapment. Its like bait car

5. Yeah, they do this kinda often. They're allowed to lie and say they're not cops if you ask, despite what some people say. The only thing they can't do is go out of their way to convince you to buy it/break a law

6. #6 Ska, Jun 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2011
    I always knew they could pose as buyers, but to literally sell drugs and then arrest the buyer - insane. Apparently they can also use drugs during a sting o_O

7. Undercover agents are allowed to use any means neccessary to keep their cover...even murder

8. Which is fucking stupid, I might add. I was shocked when I learned this. If you're gonna go into a situation where you might have to kill people, just don't go. I guess sometimes it just happens though =\

9. if the person who was buying had said "Are you a cop?" the cop would have to say yes. if he/she said no, and still sold it to them and still arrested them, it would be entrapment.

10. i've seen this on COPS.
    with weed usually, which is bull, coz they are stinging out people looking to buy a god damn dime or something, while they could be catching real criminals.

with harder drugs? go ahead, but with weed it is just a waste of taxpayer money.

in my state it costs $8000 per marijuana arrest. from a gram to pounds.

11. No it wouldn't. They can lie to you

12. Man all this talk of being a dirty cop.... makes me want to be a dirty cop.

I would be chill with the stoners and fucking own the powder queer boys.

13. unfortunately that is totally true. they can say almost anything to you and it is legal.

14. I have seen a COPS episode which featured a sting operation, where they set up a meth dealer, advertised his services, and then waited for the customers to come. It was bordering on heart-breaking.

15. It's meth. They should focus these types of operations on hard drugs and hopefully not marijuana

16. they should instead focus tax payer dollars onto different approaches of dealing with drug addiction and abuse.