Reverse Osmosis System.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Shambles, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Hey guys, i recently started growing again and im currently using RO water that i buy in jugs from the grocery store but it will start to get expensive really quick so im looking into buying a reverse osmosis system.

Im just wondering if this would be a good system and if it is easy enough to hook up to my sink or if i even need to hook it up to the sink. If you have any other options for me i will defenitley look into them. I live in canada so shipping to canada is a must.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/REVERSE-OSMOSIS-WATER-FILTER-100-GPD-AQUASAFE-6-STAGE-/250904795498?pt=Small_Kitchen_Appliances_US&hash=item3a6b17596a

2. I thought about a system like that also and then about how much of a pain it would be to install under the kitchen sink.  I ended up buying the RO filter housing and filter (the horizontal white filter), then picking up a couple of fittings so I could connect it to the garden hose outside.  Cost me about $60 total in parts and does about 5 gal per hr.  TDS < 5 ppm.  That looks like a reasonable price though.

3. Hmm, where abouts did you get your filters and stuff? that would be much eassier.

Also, where did you buy your PPM meter from? my local hydro store wants 169.00 for one :eek:

4. Filter Direct Co for the RO filter membrane
    Purenex for the Membrane Housing 2" x 12"
    You'll need to get some fittings so you can connect to the hose

Lawn and Patio - HM Digital TDS Meter $21  (works well for the price)

[​IMG]