Revenue lost to bud rot

Discussion in 'Marijuana Business and Industry' started by MjQ's, Mar 23, 2022.

1. Hey everyone!
    I'm curious how much revenue is typically lost for commercial growers due to budrot or similar issues. Is this something ALL plants have to be checked for daily? How easy is it to miss it?

2. it can be missed until the very last day and discovered only during harvest and trimming.
    keep your relative humidity low (40%) during mid-late flower. May want to invest in some UVB lighting as well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. I'm a complete noob to this. I'm assuming the UVB light helps prevent bud rot? I've heard about using dehumidifiers. Is it typical for commercial growers to check for this daily or only during harvest/trimming season?

4. If I were a commercial grower, I would be checking for this a lot. Commercial cannabis is regulated and requires testing; if they fail the testing (ie. presence of mold) the cannabis needs to be destroyed, so I'd imagine they are on it.
    Here's a couple articles:
    Mold Control in Horticulture with UVB+A Light
    and for using UVC vs mold
    Using Ultraviolet Light to Stop Gray Mold, Powdery Mildew & Other Marijuana Plagues

• Like Like x 1
  5. I spend a hour a day with my plants not gettin by me when growing outdoors. Isn’t a prob indoors cus I’m n full control of environment

• Like Like x 2
  6. Actually, I rarely see mold or pythium issues in my facility.
    Well… ok… so I did see some mold blossoming high up in the corner of my attic space due to some poor circulation and condensation issues after a serious sub zero cold snap. It was dealt with, and I washed the two consecutive runs with a solution of hydrogen peroxide just to be safe. Everything tested out just fine.
    I live in a fairly arid part of the country though, I’m sure it’s more of an issue for my cultivation brothers south of me.

• Like Like x 1
  7. This time of year Pythium mold is a big deal, I'll expect to loose anything form 1/8th to 1/4 of my grow to molds

my defense is neem oil and keeping the plants very dry indeed
    even foliar feeding water in the extreme to the fans only

and dipping the whole tree in a bath of air temp water and bleach or peroxide
    dip again to wash of the chems,allow to dry in front of a big fan or strong wind
    to avoid this ...grow smaller plants but more of them?
    good luck

• Agree Agree x 1