Reusing the grow room heat

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Jsaunders, Jun 4, 2022.

1. I’m in a 13x12 room. it’s been cool here and I’m trying to vent the heat out of the room. But it’s just not cooling

I’ve tried 2 -18” fans - in the door opening/ into the hallway …..both blowing out/ in / and one out and in

It in the 60s-70 house - do I need more cfm to move the air out of the room to heat the house or should the door opening be closed off and just room for the fans blowing in and out? 4264268B-4289-435D-A96B-47616F1B73C5.jpeg

or just let the ac do it’s job lol

thanks for the help

• Like Like x 2
  2. Close tent just exhaust it out as normal into house....if im reading this correctly lol

3. I'm surprised you are getting so much heat from your LEDS, to consider heating your house

IMO Time to improve the venting out with that dusty wallet

perhaps a Dehumidifier would help? imo

ps I go hps in winter

• Like Like x 1
  4. I live in a house that is old enough to have cold air return vents in each room along with the heating/cooling vents. I run the ductwork from my exhaust fan straight into a cold air return vent. If you have one it may help out.

• Like Like x 3
  5. I have a dehumidifier

I’m not in a tent- it’s a converted bedroom

I have around 2200 watt draw in the room

I’m not trying to heat the house but if I can move that warm air out into the cooler house win win.

6. I've tried getting air to circulate thru a doorway and it's not easy as the air mostly just goes in a circle at the doorway, especially using box fans. Try making a cardboard duct with empty boxes to carry air from a fan in the back of the room out the door and several feet down the hall or into another room. You may need an inline fan. It works in my head but so do all my inventions before I actually try them.

• Like Like x 1