Reuse Soil?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by BlowTrees, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Hi, I just bought two bags of foxfarm ocean forest for my setup, I currently have 13 plants growing in my closet, however, I am not sure which are males or females yet, they are beginning to show signs of sex. Yesterday, I moved all the plants into bigger 2 - 3 gallon containers out of their 4 inch walmart pots. My question is, Im going to start flowering within the week, being that the soil for the males, will have only been in the pot for less than a week, am I able to reuse it? or am i just being cheap and should buy more for next time, the reason is i live in an apartment and i dont know what to do with all the excess dirt im going to have once i pluck all the males, advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. if the males were only in the soil for like a week, i would be amazed if you couldn't. i don't know for certain mind you, but it makes sense to me to just reuse it. certainly some small plants couldn't have done much harm in a such a short time.

now it'd be a different story if you grew out a whole plant, harvested it, and then tried to reuse it. so i mean at some point you're probably gonna need to figure out something to do with the soil.

3. Yup, you can reuse it, water them with a 2% bleach solution if you're worried about fungal growth... But I would advise you against flowering so soon... If I were you, I'd sex my plants, find the healthiest female... And clone her to replace the males you pulled... It will take more time(about 1-2 weeks for your clones to get legs), but you'll end up with more bud plus a mother to start out with next time, saving you all this trouble.

4. Sure you can reuse it. Farmers don´t throw their soil away after each season and replace it with new. Adding fresh nutes will help though.