Results using the Easy Soil Mix for Beginners?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by jhenson, Jan 31, 2014.

1. I'm getting ready to start my first grow in about a month, and I'm curious to hear what kind of results, issues, experiences, etc.  people have had using the Easy Organic Soil Mix for Beginners.

2. #2 donothinggardening, Jan 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2014
    I am using ITG's guidelines in my mix and so far the results are excellent. I'm on my first grow, so I haven't seen any flowers yet.... but so far these babies are lookin very promising. I know that A LOT of blades around here use this mix and love it.This is Hashberry and Satori (Mandala Seeds), respectively, 27 days from seed:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Damnnnnnn TJ! Those are B-E-A-U-TIFUL! My gals are lil over 10 days in and are slackin...!  Idk if I don't have light close enough.. Or what. But you are doin it right my friend! Good job! 

4. #4 donothinggardening, Jan 31, 2014
    The mix is as follows: 3 parts sunshine mix #4 (~2 parts peat, 1 part perlite), 1 part perlite, 1/2 part ewc, 1/2 part coast of maine lobster compost... so that's the 1/3 peat, 1/3 aeration, 1/3 "humus".... the sunshine mix comes pH buffered with dolomite lime, so none was added...To each cf I added 3 cups of this amendment mix:2 parts kelp1 part tomato tone1 part neem seed meal1 part alfalfa meal1 part oyster shell flour (extra item lol)1/2 part crab meal1/2 part shrimp mealRock dust at 5 cups/cfExtra things I added per cubic foot:1 cup bokashi bran1/2 cup greensandEdit: I water with plain tap water, RO water, aloe vera juice (sometimes), coconut water (like twice), and protekt (sometimes)... no act's... yet... :devious:

5. [quote name="kshow77" post="19438917" timestamp="1391136113"]Damnnnnnn TJ! Those are B-E-A-U-TIFUL! My gals are lil over 10 days in and are slackin...! Idk if I don't have light close enough.. Or what. But you are doin it right my friend! Good job! [/quote]Thanks buddy :) i'm really happy so far. Can't thank this forum enough!!

6. Well since I'm already on here chattin..  Lol  I too endorse ITG's recipe. Infinite amount of wisdom on that page!  Great thing is, there's some many different ways you can go about it. No one way is perfect. I feel like jerry said that recently!  haha   Tj, may i suggest startin a journal. I'd love to see where those ladies end up.. Seems like you got some wisdom to share also.  If not, definitely let me know how they turn out!   :bongin:

7. Hah! Wisdom.... more like I regurgitate info well.... :smoke: :)

8. Lol.. Wisdom has to start somewhere, eh?   

9. 6 weeks old in a mix very close to ITG's. It works!

Attached Files:

10. [quote name="jhenson" post="19438722" timestamp="1391134276"]I'm getting ready to start my first grow in about a month, and I'm curious to hear what kind of results, issues, experiences, etc. people have had using the Easy Organic Soil Mix for Beginners.[/quote]hi jhenson, I used itg s mix as a guide. Mine are doing ok in it. I did need to lighten it up a bit with extra Perlite. I'm around 50% Perlite now for the sips.http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1269823-This-old-Hippies-Organic-Garden.This old Hippies Organic Garden.

11. The more ive used my soil (a year old and counting) the better its gotten. I hope that helps. Pictures speak loudest to me for this.Heres my flower tent currently. 1391144311071.jpg Im not fancy on my soil, good humus, neem seed, alfalfa, tomato tone, kelp, crab meal, and basalt rock dust.

12. That one nug is monster sized, loneranger!!! Holy crap lol..FWIW OP, I plan on never using dolomite lime, perlite, greensand, or tomato tone again lol. The ITG mix is an excellent guide tho.

13. #13 LoneRanger11220, Jan 31, 2014
    Haha thanks, G's gear Grapefruit Badass. The one to the left is the cut of it in a 7 gal this round, the one in the back is 5 gal from seed.I dont use lime in my mix anymore. First round I did and it was fine, but I swapped it out for about 1/2-3/4 cup of crab meal instead, works better for me. I actually dont really measure much anymore, just "what looks right".Like Jerry and other people will say everywhere, organics seems to be more of an art. So many ways to express the same results, each one unique in its own way.

14. #14 donothinggardening, Jan 31, 2014
    G? Grapefruit ba is an interesting name hah. Don't know who ur talkin boat tho lol.

15. #15 LoneRanger11220, Jan 31, 2014
    Awesome genetics from this man. I have Supa Crunk vegging in hopes to find a female, but his stuff is on par.If you go to the indoor journals, G's is a some epicness in need of viewing.

16. Ohhh gorilla 45... i've always wondered where this "supa crunk" came from.... I think dr. Who, 3d n a few others have it.. and love it... lol... i'm finally startin to catch on lol... this place is like an endless amt of info... all of the journals are like a lifetime of knowledge....

17. Trust me I usually stick to the same favorites everyday just cause thats what loads on my front page first but every so often, I find myself up late endlessly reading about something I dont understand, staring at beauties lol. This forum is my lurking home

18. Attached Files:

Grapefruit Badass (GFBA) is from Ice River Genetics (IRG), which is run by guerilla45.  You'll see a lot of people talk about running IRG gear... Dr. Who, CompostWhisperer, FickySiskers, etc.  CW's journal is a good place to learn about it, g45 is in there a lot talking about his line (and it is impressive).  Some of the acronyms might take you a while to decipher, though lol

20. Nice pictures folks - this is actually a great idea. We recommend this mix often enough, it's nice to see some pictures of the results.

Nice job.

J