Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

restrictive lung disease help?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by damillerman, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Ok, so a very good friend of mine has restrictive lung disease and she wants to smoke some ganja with me. Is it safe for her?

2. If I were her, I'd avoid any kind of smoke like the plague.

She _might_ be safe with a vaporizer(certainly less harmful than smoke), but even that's not guaranteed to be safe for her lungs.

3. make her some edibles!!!

4. I agree with the posts above. A vaporizer or edibles would be better choices.

Keep in mind, however, that restrictive lung diseases (e.g. pulmonary fibrosis) are quite different from obstructive lung diseases like asthma, emphysema, and chronic bronchitis.

While patients with obstructive lung diseases may benefit from the bronchodilation associated with cannabis use, the same may not be true for patients with purely restrictive diseases.

Although patients with restrictive lung diseases often have an obstructive component to their condition as well, the broncodilation provided by cannabis will probably not help the restrictive component of their disease.

If your friend has a potentially life-threatening condition he or she should not rely on the advice given on a marijuana forum regarding the safety of smoking cannabis.

Bottom line - they should consult a physician.