Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Resin in spit?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by bamf64, Mar 18, 2011.

1. This morning i woke up and hocked a lougie in my sink, only to see complete blackness. Does this happen to you often? Is it normal?

I smoked my glass peice last night btw if anyone was wondering.

2. That's the tar building up on your lungs. Your lungs tries to eject it and clean it self by dislodging it while coughing.

Yes, it happens to me, but not a completely black spit, usually just speckles. However, I smoke cigarettes, and I haven't smoked weed in a while. I still have 3 more months until I can.

3. Ummm guys that black stuff is blood. You have 6 weeks to live.

4. umm yea thats not normal...unless you hock black shit from mouth everyday.

I'd check it mang.

5. smoke that shit

6. You're either smoking the wrong stuff, or not smoking it right.
    I've smoked almost daily for 5 years and I've never experienced this...
    spitting up black phlegm definitely can't be a good sign.

7. I know exactly what your talking about, it has happened to a friend now me, over a long time of toking i have recently noticing tar-like in my lougies and some times resin after a bong toke, you may be getting resin in your mouth from your bong, its time for you to clean it or get a new one. If you look really closely at your spit in sink right after you toke you'll see what im talkin about. (doesn't always happen)

8. Never had this happen, but I've also only heard of it happening from cigarettes, so iunno.

Might I recommend investing in a vaporizer?

9. Happens to me when I smoke more due to being sick.

10. So even though it's happened to others but not you he's the one not smoking it right?
    I'd say the opposite's true if you've not coughed tarry phlegm after five years, it used to happen to me more in the early days than it does now. That's because at that point your lungs are all 'Aghhh, what's all this crap drying on me. This is a local lung for local bodies! There's nothing for you here!'. But then it gets fed up of trying 'n just leaves it be.
    I've been smoking over ten years for the record.
    Oh, and it is a good thing. If he hadn't coughed it up it'd still be on his lungs. :smoke:
    Get your facts straight before you purposely try to worry someone.

11. Inhaling burning plant matter coats your lungs in tar. Some people's lungs don't rid themselves of it as fast as others. I've heard of tons of people coughing up tar. You might want to take a break so your lungs can clean themselves out. And if you smoke blunts I'd recommend not smoking them ever.

12. You can switch to vaporizing too, and give your lungs some relief.

13. buy a vape or atleast a bong, do yourself a favor

14. Another bamf thread.

It happens to me some mornings,
    try to force more up. But don't worry your fine,
    tar isn't necessarily bad for you.

15. ANY smoking creates tar. simple as that.

its just built up enough in your lungs to start coming out now
    one of the less glamorious parts of toking that people normally dont talk much about. Ive been coughing up phlegm every morning for years now, so get used to it. and its only going to get worse from here honestly, bigger pieces come out
    to the people who act like its something crazy, you either are completely new to smoking or very ignorant but whatever floats your boat
    you shouldnt be worried unless you see blood, then thats bad
    and trust me its possible, happened to me a few months back. I really cut back after that happened

16. the thing is i just got off a 30 day break..i was smoking a peice and ash got in my lungs. thats whats happened

17. #17 Arizer, Mar 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2011
    Right...I'm the one who should be worried, because I'm NOT coughing up mutant tar mucus. So when I'm at this point, are you telling me I should SMOEK MOAR?! Oh but it's okay, you've smoked longer there for you must be right and I must be wrong, I see now.
    Speckled loogies are one thing, that's just from sucking ash through a pipe. But when you're hawking up MUTANT TAR MUCUS, excuse me for going with the "better safe than sorry" approach when suggesting to seek medical help if it doesn't stop after taking a smoke break.:wave:

18. Can you not read?
    If you've got tar in your lungs (which you have if you smoke anything) it's better to cough it up than leave it on your lungs.:smoke:
    You're saying I'm bragging when you said you were smoking for 5 years in the first place. Someone explain that to this fool. Time to kick back, drink some beers 'n shmoke some weed!
    P.S Homeboy says eat some chicken fingers.:hippie:

19. Your lungs are mostly self sufficient. If your lungs aren't working as well as they should be to maintain healthy, then the tar starts to build up. If that starts to happen to the point of being completely black, and we're not just talking speckled black, then you need to do something about your lung health.
    So no, not everyone is going to cough it up, but if they do they need to pay attention to their lung health. That would be an extreme case, but why not stop it early and take a break from smoking or getting advice from a professional. Jeeze.

And I wasn't bragging about how long i've smoked, I was giving credibility to my advice by mentioning my experience. Damn. You started this tussle, don't be a bitch to end it.
    Light another bowl, I know I am because you're killin my buzz. :smoke:

20. This happens to my friend after he smokes blunts. But it's never happened to me.... yet. I think you're fine just take a break for a few days. :) Or not.