Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

resin: high or not

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by tr92, Dec 12, 2008.

1. the other day my friend showed me a paragraph in this book sayin that "contrary to popular stonr belief the black gunk that builds up in well used pipes isn't resin, its mostly tar" blah blah shit like that it said that smokin it doesn't get u high and if it did itd be like saying u could get off drinking bongwater
    i disbelieve him ive smoked a decent sized ball of resin and got pretty baked.
    what do u guys think about this

2. You've already disproved the book my friend, what else do you need?

The "tar" gets me fucked up as shit.

You alreay know this.

3. Well yeah it is a "tar" but it still has THC in it, I've gotten gnarly baked off resin my friend.

4. this is true, i was wonderin if its just one of those things that since u think u get high from it you feel high, ya know

5. If you can survive the disgusting smell of it while your scratching it then you can definetly smoke it and get high.

Infact I plan on scratching my slide that ive used for 2 months without ever cleaning.

6. Resin gets me high as shit! So what if it's tar, it still gets you way high.

7. hell yeah resin gets me high, tar or not. and plus resin that is only from dank weed actually is not that bad, i would take it over some swag anyday, get way way high haha

8. I just smoked a shitload of resin and im fucking tuned. Resin is especially good when you've been smoking hash out of it.

9. I think what people try to point out is that it's not actually resin, it is residue. It has THC, but it's not the resin that the plant coats itself with. Residue, but not resin.

Either way, it'll do the trick if you're outta the fresh stuff.

10. resin = get you high, but smoking it is semi-nasty

11. Vape resin > resin

12. Of course you get fuked up i always smoke a big ball of resin when my bag runs out, let me tell, resin works fukkin great so screw the article and jus smoke it! Its not gonna b the best for you but it will get you:smoking:lol

13. Of course it's tar and not resin. That doesn't mean it doesn't have trace THC left in it. It does. I throw mine away because it's nasty and I am never without weed, but back in the day I'd smoke it down.

14. I don't understand why this is such a big topic. I say, if you're interested, just smoke it and give it a chance. I've never really heard of anyone not getting high off it. Resin on the weekends on the beach was a pastime for me over the summer.

15. how do you smoke it? put it on a rolling paper......

16. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO RESIN, don't do it!

17. High for sure. Check out this thread on how I harvest resin and melted hash.

--Chubbs

18. winner

19. Is everyone on this forum that stupid?
    STOP CALLING IT RESIN! It’s Tar! Just like the tar that builds up in a cigarette filter or inside your bong. It is burnt plant matter! How can it still have THC when you already burnt it all away?
    This is stupid high school bullshit for people that cant by weed. This is my biggest pet peeve of smokers, there stupid.
    TAR IS NOT HASH!!
    Hash when made from the remains of a marijuana plant has never been heated up to the point where THC is extracted. HEAT KILLS THC!
    So every time you take a lighter to the bowl you kill the THC. It tar! Something you shouldn’t smoke!
    AND YES YOU WILL GET A “HIGH” but that’s because of the carbon monoxide and dioxide you’re inhaling due to the lighter and the tar matter.

Hope that helps so next time your friends wanna some Resin get some dank sticky weed. And if you want smoke some tar go for it and make your brains a little more retard.

There are hundreds of articles about this if you look around.

I have a degre in BioChem and just graduated last year June of 07. And I smoked the whole way through school! Keep it real!

• Like Like x 1
  20. i fucking hate resin.

Its like smoking a huge bowl of fecal matter. its nasty.

and, im not flaming, just stating my opinion :D

its a diffrent story if im smoking ONLY hash out of a pipe and notice the hash melting throughout the stem. thats still hash.. but resin, no way. little or no thc.

i mean, im asthmatic, i dont even like the feeling of smoke anymore.

chubbs, try smoking a fat bowl, and leaving the ash behind and dripping your bho, or putting your melt on the ash bed?

i find its the easiest way of smoking it on the go. i wanna get a kut oil vape tho. i just dont make bho as often as i used too.