Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Resin Build-up Clogging Joint

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by AR Toasty, Nov 5, 2012.

1. I've never had this problem up until very recently. :confused_2:

About halfway through my joints, they usually stop being smokeable. They burn fine, but airflow stops the smoke from coming through and getting inhaled. I'm getting a filthy build-up of resin right at the roach, and can only assume it's blocking things. It's liquidy and reeks.

Not sure what I've done differently to bring this on, if anything, because I've never had this happen before. Is it the way I'm rolling, or maybe it's the weed. Anybody else ever have this problem?

2. my first assumption is that it might be too tight

3. Yeah, just bite that tip off and flow is restored, no?

4. It's probably rolled too tight. I'm not sure about the liquidy resin you mention. Maybe your bud wasn't dried correctly or something. Try smoking it in a bowl or something.

5. The slower the smoke moves through the joint the more time its possible for resinous buildup? possibly? Sounds right to me :D

6. I dunno, fellas. I don't feel like I've done anything differently from over the years, but maybe I have been rolling them tighter than usual. I find if I lip beyond the filter and inhale, it works just fine.

7. Whatever works man! do whatcha gotta do to get a good toke:smoking::smoking:

8. If you're using the kind of filter that's a piece of papery stuff you roll up, could it be that you're rolling the filter too tight, as in not leaving enough gaps in it for the smoke to pass through?

9. yeah use a wider filter and roll a little less snuggly. Although Joints should be tight, sometimes they can be tight enough to restrict airflow.

10. filter is clogging up try making one with more airflow, like you said when you move your lips to higher on the joint the filter isnt being pushed down and you can pull properly

11. This happened to me the first 6 months or so i started smoking. I would always roll this skinny little fuckers and i would get resin all over my lips. roll them fatter and looser.

12. It could be any number of things. Your roll or filter could be too tight. Your weed could be too compacted into the joint, or you could just have a weed with a high resin content. Any one of these things could be restricting air flow.

Next time, before you light it, roll it a bit between your fingers. This will help loosen.

13. i dont know if its too late to answer.. but yes. i know that problem. always happens when i stash my weed in my car in winter. thing gets wet over multiple nights. thats what causes the increased resin build up.
    thing is terrible. if you dont clean it you get it on everything.

14. its too late to answer