Resident Evil

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by crackrockstdy89, Mar 9, 2009.

1. is coming, uhhhh. i just realized it'll be here at the end of this week. i can't wait to pick this game up, i've been such a big fan of the series. we gotta blaze up and play some co-op online if anyone here buys it.

2. I hate the fact that you cant walk and shoot, was it like that in RE4? cuz i remember loving that game but playing the demo of RE5 was very frustrating for me

3. Yeah you couldn't run and shoot in RE4.

I might pick this game up, not really sure..the demo didn't impress me too much.

4. Going pick it up. The controls is out-dated. But That what capcom wanted to do. They could added shoot and run but it would make things too easy, not engaging the gameplay and not that intense.

Get over it.

5. Same here man, I loved RE4 but RE5 looks shitty for some reason. I can never beat the guy with the chainsaw cuz he keeps killing sheva, I wouldn't have that problem if you could run and shoot. Guess you have to play this one co-op.

6. I don't think you could run and shoot in any of the resident evil games, maybe except for the shitty first-person Survivor one.

7. You are correct sir, all the normal (ignoring the shitty FPS version with unlimited pistol ammo) Resident Evil games where either hit the Left button and X to fire or hold the square button and run around.(Owned a playstation at the time) I always been a big fan of the Res Evil games but sadly after beating Resident Evil 4 i lost interest in the franchise. I tried the RE5 demo but to be honest I was not impressed ( I guess I'm still a old school shoot them zombies up guy ) and the virus just mutating people kindof IMO is a stretch for me.

I still remember playing RE1 and watching the first clip art of the STARS Team going into the mansion and one of them getting attacked by a zombie dog. Or the scene after Bary investigates the chimney because there is a bloodstain followed by gunshots gave me the creeps as a little kid but in a good way. IMO the Res Evil bosses have been dumbed down a little I remember playing the RE3 and fighting awesome boss fights like Nemesis but in RE4 it was a giant fish, a giant man in a leather suit and the final boss who I killed with a few rocket to the face. It didn't seem like a challenge like the final boss fight in RE1 where you have to shoot the tyrant a bit and avoid his swipes for awhile before you got the rocket launcher. Old well im just ranting on but as of right now unless the game changes drastically from the demo to the real game I probably won't pick it up.

8. Man RE5 was not scary at all in the demo, I was heavily unimpressed, even RE4 had more atmosphere then that.

It doesn't hold a candle to RE0,1,2,3 or Veronica

Although I bet it will lack heavily annoying puzzles which is a plus.

9. #9 Peacefullbuddah, Mar 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2009

In RE4 the only bosses were a giant fish , a giant man in a leather suit , and the end boss ? That's funny , I remember their being 9+ great bosses . And yes there was a giant fish in RE4 , but in almost every RE game their was a giant animal that you fight . In RE1 their was a giant snake , RE2 their was a giant aligator , and in the other titles their were similar creatures .

If you like the old-school resident evil better then that's cool , but come on , RE4 took the series another step foward (IMO) . I love the old ones also , but they don't compare to the crazy shit on RE4 , like barracading yourself in a house while 30+ infected people try to break in . And not to mention the weapon purchase and upgrade system , in the old games you had like 6 weapons total .

You said , "and the virus just mutating people kindof IMO is a stretch for me" , did you mean that it's kind of unbelievable ? If so , then I'm confused , because in every RE game there is a virus that just mutates people on the spot .

But hey to each their own . The only thing I can say is that if you loved RE4 as much as I did , then I'm sure that you will not be dissapointed with RE5 .

10. #10 wackdeafboy, Mar 11, 2009
    Yeah, RE4 so far the best of the series.

Remember, capcom said that all these story do connect together. RE5 is continue from RE.
    maybe I'm wrong, gotta read the article again.

11. #11 Tox1C420, Mar 11, 2009
    I was really blazed when I typed the first post and didn't really give it much thought.I loved those RE Giant animal scenes because watching a giant snake eat you alive was crazy as a kid. I also jumped a lil when a zombie dog jumps thru the window and attacks you when you go thru the hallway. But ya RE4 did step up the action a bit and made it intense like when you are surround by the villagers and have to fight them off till the church bell rings for some reason?? Idk, guess its supper time :D. I guess I was just slightly disappointed because I miss fighting zombies that are slow and a horde of them instead of villagers which was why i said the mutating people was kindof a stretch (Remember RE2 the first scene with Leon and Claire when they were surrounded by zombie? Those were some classic RE moments IMO). I guess i'm not a big fan of change but its the Capcom's game so they can do as they please.

RE4 Bosses ( Correct me if im wrong )
    Big Fish
    Bigfoot
    Salazar's Bodyguards
    Salazar when he mutates
    Village Leader ( Guy in leather suit )
    Jack ( the guy with the claws )
    Lord Saddler

I'll probably rent RE5 when it comes out to see how it is and get my friend to rent it to so we can play it on Live.

12. #12 Peacefullbuddah, Mar 11, 2009

Yeah those were all bosses . But there's a couple that you left out . Remember that weird crab guy ? You fight him in the underground cage thing . And there is another "bigfoot" :p fight , towards the end of the game where you fight 2 at the same time , I considered those bosses . So that makes 9 , 10 if you include the optional bigfoot fight in the middle of the game .

I personally thought this game was great , but we all have different taste . Actually I just bought a copy of RE2 for ps1 , and I still love that game . The newer games (IMO) just have more "edge of your seat" action/horror .

13. Here's the weird crap guy to refresh your memory ...

Attached Files:

• u3.jpg
      u3.jpg
      File size:
      20.2 KB
      Views:

14. Your right, that made those games so pointless. Too easy, and, I can't really explain it correct right now, but worrying about going low on ammo and knifing like 12 zombies and 3 dogs in total before finding more ammo,added something to playing the game.

Wow ,run on sentence :rolleyes:

15. Yea i remember him now he chases you all over the place in that caged underground area where you had to open all those doors. I counted the 2 big foot battle as 1 because its the same enemy basically and the two giants were easy if you use that ropeline to hop back and forth.

16. #16 Tox1C420, Mar 11, 2009
    Yea one of the best things about Resident Evil was running around trying to avoid zombies because your was low on ammo. I always liked the little panic you get when you knew your ammunition was low and you had zombies chasing after you, it was heart bumping.

17. Yeah they were easy , the first one was the hardest .

18. #18 Peacefullbuddah, Mar 11, 2009
    IGN gave RE5 a rating of 9.0 (for ps3 and 360) , so I'm happy about that .

Here's a link to the review if anyone wants to see it . This is the written review , but if you scroll down about half the page you will see the video review .

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/960/960151p1.html

19. Peaceful do you own a 360 or Ps3?