Resident evil 5

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by crackrockstdy89, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Who else is excited for this? I can't wait. I just played the demo for it on the 360, and it is fun shit with the co-op (kind of reminds me of the duel player stuff in resident evil zero). It's designed like the 4th resident evil though, which is kind of dissapointing. I liked the spookier, slow paced feel of the old ones more. Oh well, shouldn't be that bad. I think the only resident evil game i played and actually hated was gun survivor. Who remembers that piece of shit?

2. I just tried the demo. The graphics are amazing and the gameplay feels basically the same as RE4. The only problem I have with it is the controls feel pretty clunky, you feel like you're moving a tank around. And the camera is too close to the main guy's back.

As for other RE games, I REALLY enjoyed the Outbreak series. I know a lot of people think they were shitty but for some reason I loved those games, especially online.

3. I didn't like it that much,
    I don't know..
    Maybe I need to try the full game..
    Because the demo was way too linear and I wasn't in the least bit spooked like I was by other RE games..

It felt like a clunky 3rd person shooter with no survival horror involved..

4. Yeah, that's just how i feel. I mean it's gonna be a fun game, it just doesn't feel like a resident evil game. The old ones were more about getting by on little ammo and health, not sure what would pop out around the next corner. This is just more of a fast paced shooter. I'm really more interested in how the story progresses.

5. Eh, it's dece.

Can't move when shooting, I like slow Zombies like from RE1, on the N64. These new-age, fast motherfuckers are annoying. This isn't 30 days later, or Dawn of the Dead. Bring the classic shit back, fuck. The graphics are cool, and I like the equipment system, but damn. I don't know at this point, hopefully the final version is better.

6. I heard that RE5 may had added a new control layout which you can move and shoot at the same time.

7. Yeah and people are bitching up a storm about it too. It's an option, so I hear.

8. the guy with the chainsaw keeps fucking me in the ass

9. Speeding up the gameplay doesn't exactly make Resident Evil 5 better..

In fact it kills some of the charm..this one feels even faster than Resident Evil 4..

10. yeah, but RE4 is just goddamn scary. I couldn't finish the game. I was shitting my pants.

11. I can't wait for Resident Fucking Evil 5! The demo is so fun I keep it playing over and over again on 360 and im going to download the PS3 version which came out today. I love that gameplay it's really different from all the other zombie shooters and I can't wait to see how the story comes into effect with these new "zombies".

12. So I been searching through online for finding the new control scheme. Well unfortunately, there is no new control scheme, so you guys going have to get used to the strafe control.

13. Man i cant wait for RE5 i own both a 360 and a ps3 and im going to go with the sony version, its just that i picked up on the controls on that system quicker than i did with on the microsoft but the demo is amazing. also cant wait for street fighter 4:smoke:

14. If RE5 is anything like RE4 I will enjoy it.

15. Take the suspense out of RE4, add in more action and some random chick and you have yourself a RE5.

16. Hey you can't tell just how much suspense is out from a demo. I'll wait til I see some reviews.

17. Am I the only one who couldn't join an online game at all with the demo?
    I kept trying to join one and after waiting 10 minutes of cycling through different players to join with I just gave up.

18. LOL @ green herb.

19. So I just played through the demo, and I have to say (like so many other people are saying) that the controls really really turned me off of the game.

They worked fine in RE4 in my opinion, I mean the RE series has always been kinda infamous for their wonky controls, but I think they committed a few dozen mistakes with this new system.

First off, the character moves too slow when not running, and too fast when he does.

Second, the camera is way too close to his shoulder to the point where you can not see shit what so ever, not behind you or even in front of you sometimes.

Finally, why the fuck can I not move and shoot at the same time? I had a few problems with that with RE4 too. Now I'm not talking about being able to strafe fire in games like Socom... I just want to be able to move my character a bit here and there when lining up shots, instead of having to stop, aim, shoot, and then move again.... It gets really really frustrating.

Since this and Killzone 2 are both coming out around the same time, I think I'll just go with KZ 2 and skip this one all together until the price drops considerably.

I know RE4 was a great game, but come on guys, this is the new age... this archaic control scheme may have belonged on the PS1 but not in this generation.

20. yea lol