Research says Don't Flush The Plants

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by trojangrower, Nov 29, 2019.

?

Do you flush?

1. Yes

21.4%
  2. No

78.6%
  1. Im growing in soil, i do no-till. i messed with hydro buckets a couple of times but coco is unfimiliar to me. When i used to grow in soil with bottled nutrients, fox farms mainly and gave hydro a shot i ph'd. As long as it works, it works and thats what matters. I came here looking for information on growing organically and at the time was still phing the water o used for the "super soil" i was growing in at the time i was dismayed that people were growing organically without phing their water. I didnt ph my outdoor plants. I also didn't ph my vegetable garden which i water with straight tap from the hose, neither does anyone i know. It got me thinking why does my indoor soil grown cannabis need to be any different. So i read through threads on here and other info online, applied what i learned and here i am.....not phing water

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Wish more people would vote on this one. Quite surprised the non flushers are winning. Need at least another 50 or so votes to call it anywhere near conclusive though. Mon folks get tickin those boxes :)

3. Times are changing buddy. Alot of the old ways are going to the way side

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I've just asked RX Green Technologies what happened to the study they conducted... its no longer on their website, so I'm wondering now. I can report their response if they provide me with one.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Just put my no flush vote in....

• Like Like x 3
  6. Yaaay another one.
    #flushingisfortoilets !!!
    Need to get that trending on instacunt or something haha

• Funny Funny x 6
  7. I haven’t had my harvest yet but when they’re ready to go I won’t be flushing.

• Like Like x 2
  8. I have never flushed because I'm an organic soil guy. The only time I could see doing a flush being worthwhile is if using bottled nutes improperly and not watering to runoff and the salts built up......then flush with a bunch of water but if used properly and dial them back late in flower to get some fade then really no need. Not sure about some of these plants I see that are all clawed and deep glossy green at harvest.....that smoke can't taste good:confused_2:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Personally, the flushing thing is something I’ve scratched my head over many a day. and I came to this conclusion....

back in the olden days when you bought weed you gave the guy 30 sheets and got a handfull. It wasn’t weighed and very rarely was it trimmed anywhere nearly as well as we do these days.
    If you were to leave the sugar leaves full of nutes and smoke those then your weed absolutely would taste like shit.
    A good couple weeks flush would 100% be required if that’s what you were blazin on.

so, the OG’s were right at the time. Weed in the 70s did need to be flushed.
    It’s 2020 now though and you’ll get a fuckin slap for not trimming your buds properly so the flush is no longer necessary.

furthermore, see when you flush and the leaves start fading. Where do you think the nutes from the leaves are going???
    Yup, directly to the buds to keep them alive for as long as possible. The plant literally eats itself to provide the buds with the goodness you are depriving them of.
    Hence why there’s now a fair few biological/chemical level whatever test results showing that flushed v unflushed buds contain exactly the same nute levels.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Hit the nail on the head there mate
    “Using bottled nutes IMPROPERLY”
    I’m actually so happy people are finally understanding things.
    Even organic growers now agreeing that chem plants shouldn’t need it.
    hell has finally frozen over and all is well with the world :) hurrah :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. Is this your first crop mate?

• Like Like x 1
  12. I’m not in organics but I’m only using Bio-Canna, liquid seaweed, and bat/bird shit. In transition to flower my highest ppm was barely at 800, now I’m flower I’m down to less than 750. Soon I’ll be removing liquid seaweed and a ewc/bat shit tea from the equation and by the last two weeks I’ll only be using a little Canna Boost and bat shit. Ppm at the end should be not much higher than decent tap water.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. It is, hoping to make it all the way through!

• Like Like x 3
  14. Tag me in if you’ve got a journal mate.
    Save me threadjacking another one lol.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Just don't panick when they start yellowing and fading hard like this 20191203_075949.jpg .....they will live and I find you can smoke it shortly after drying without a long cure as well.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Now that’s some fuckin nicely finished buds!
    Wish I could grow organic but it’s just too much of a learning curve. Took me nearly 2 years to fully understand hydro and that’s easy by comparrison .
    Only ever had organic bud once that I know of and it was a thank you from a member on here I helped out. Wow!
    There’s like literally no contest. It’s better.
    End of.
    Smoother, cleaner, tastier, just better in every way.
    I grow good shit but I can’t compete with Mother Nature :(

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Thanks for that, I’ll look forward to them fading out for sure. Those are gorgeous, btw.
    Lol, I’ll tag you in my next post, uploading some photos now.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Thanks man! See organics doesn't scare me in the least but I've had my hands in some dirt growing other stuff for a long time. Hydro on the other hand seems like too much work although I might give it a shot down the road so i can get some of those arm sized colas you all get lol. I definitely prefer taste and quality over quantity

• Like Like x 2
  19. Hydros easy mate. Just following numbers on sticks.
    Number goes up add more water.
    Number goes down add more nutes.
    Ph adjusting is just a quick couple drops of up or down. Not nearly as complicated as people make it seem (wish I’d known that at the start!)
    If you don’t need the quantity though then I wouldn’t even consider it tbh. Your shit be much better than ours :)

• Like Like x 3
  20. There isnt much of a learning curve. Its super easy to get started. How much you decide to dive into it is up to you. Theres growers the grow amazing organic bud with little to no knowledge of the actual process. Anyone can easily grow organic bud. If you want to change go for it buddy.

• Like Like x 5