Research says Don't Flush The Plants

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by trojangrower, Nov 29, 2019.

?

Do you flush?

1. Yes

21.4%
  2. No

78.6%
  1. #1 trojangrower, Nov 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
    According to RX Green Technologies, don't bother flushing, it doesn't remove any more chemicals/nutrients and negatively affects taste. This study was described yesterday in HighTimes. who also reported that "Lab analysis found no significant differences between the different flushing treatments for flower yield, THC potency, or terpene content".

*edit on Jan 11, 2020. I went to review the original paper and its a dead link now. Idk if the paper was retracted.
    *edit on Jan 23, 2020. I attached the .pdf file of the research.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
  2. Easy brother! Yeah, i don't flush but i grow 100% organic ! If i was to grow with synthetic nutes.. i would be more likely to consider it!!!! As it stands , zero need for it! Just plain water for the last 2 weeks....Interesting read tho! Nice

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. oh yea bro, no reason in organics. Just had me double check the study though, they did use synthetic nutes; "Rx Green Technologies R&D Facility using Rx Green Technologies nutrients and Clean Coco. Grow A, Grow B and E-Plus were fed during the vegetative stage and Bloom A, Bloom B, E-Plus, and Bulk were fed during the flowering cycle." They flushed 2 weeks in coco!? woah.

• Like Like x 3
  4. feed till the end ripening is a very important part of growing and plants should never be starved of nutrients organic or not if you reduce your nutrients as the end comes i think common sense prevails on this subject :) i wish i could press the disagree x for you all but i cant so press away :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. i dont flush but the last 10 days ,i feed half strength nutes ,,and just water with some run off couple days before i chop plant down ,,,mac,

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. This proves to be correct from personal experience, although I do still drain em anyway sort of..

• Like Like x 2
  7. hi @trojangrower good artical in High Times mate ,interesting read ,,,,mac,

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. I think people might be describing two different procedures when they say "flushing." At least for soil media.

Some mean watering a plant until saturation, and then continuing to add water so the soil pack runs through, diluting, redistributing, and removing collected nutrients.

Others mean simply to stop giving fertilizers altogether. You just water the plant with pH balanced water til harvest. This is basically what I understood "flushing" to mean before and outside of the context of growing pot plants btw. I've been told by other gardeners that you should stop fertilizing a plant that is fruiting (this is debated in those circles, too).

The "run through" camp also stops fertilizing after they do their thing, obviously, it's just that they start by therapeutically drowning the plant. But anyway, what did you mean by "flushing"?

• Like Like x 1
  9. No need to "flush" 100's of litres of water through your pot if you've been growing organically.....
    Just give water the last week or so....
    You would however need to vigorously flush if using synthetic (chemical) fertilisers

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Not necessarily. It depends on whether those nutrients were used and how healthy your soil is. I've seen plenty of people say it's fine just to water for those final weeks and let the plant be, unless you have or had mineral burn or something. I think that might also be what op is saying.

Also, aren't there amendments you can add too much of, and need to flush them?

• Like Like x 1
  11. #11 PAOLO1981, Jan 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
    Speaking from my person growing experience.
    I never need to flush (as i would in hydro) and if you do need to flush when growing organically, then a lot more practice is required.. As ur doing something very wrong!

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. When growing with synthetic bottled nutes theres no need to flush if you dont over feed.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. There you are then! …. Flushing is entirely over rated and un-necessary.

14. No need to ever flush when growing organically. No way im ruining the soil i worked at building. Organic growing is completly different then bottle growing. Plants only take what they need when they need, unlike bottle fed plants which is more or less like "force feeding" a plant. Like i suggested on the other thread, go check out the organic section and read about building soils. Even if you never go that route its very intresting and informational

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. No, there absolutely is. Also, you think you can dump acid into "organic soil" and have it magically neutralize, so I'm taking everything you ever say in the future with several grains of salt.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. #16 killset, Jan 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
    Lol pathetic bro. Fine everyone has to grow exactly like you...ok not really, you can stay blind. You really should come check out the organic section. Youve made it very obvious you are clueless to how lots of us grow. Nobody is dumping acid unless you mean humic/ fulvic acid. As long as you refuse to do the research youll always be in the dark. Theres literally a whole section of growers just like me at your fingertips.....oh well i guess you'll just stay uninformed

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. This is the part where I flip 180 on what I previously said and point out that I have flushed/will be flushing my plants with an extra gallon of water or two when moving to bloom and before harvest, because I am growing them in soil that I know has time released fertilizer granules mixed into it. I don't know that I need to, but I figure it also can't hurt.

18. Absolutely is what? A need to flush an organic soil?
    Could you please elaborate as to what you’re referring to by “dumping acids”?

thanks in advance.

j

i use plain water from day one to finish.

Even in a nutrient garden, what does rinsing the roots do?

Nope.

j

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Why do it if you dont need to?

j

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. His acid comment has to do with a post i made about not phing the water i give my plants. He just can not believe that some of us grow successfully in a manner that doesn't require ph up/down be added when you water. I've pointed out the appropriate threads to read through but instead of taking the time hes just convinced its not possible. The "acid" hes referring to is my water

• Like Like x 2