Report Confirms Owen Wilson Attempted Suicide

Discussion in 'General' started by whitewarrior, Aug 29, 2007.

1. [​IMG]
    Posted Aug 28th 2007 12:15PM by TMZ Staff

A "call to service" report from the Santa Monica Police Department, obtained by the television show "EXTRA," shows that the 911 call from Owen Wilson's home was made because the actor tried to commit suicide.

The call was received shortly after noon on Sunday and was "cleared" some five hours later. "EXTRA" is reporting that it was one of Owen's brothers who found him. Owen was rushed to St. John's Hospital in Santa Monica and later moved to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles.

Owen Wilson released this brief statement to TMZ through his rep: "I respectfully ask that the media allow me to receive care and heal in private during this difficult time."

*What the fuck are you doing Dupree?? You're actually one of the FEW celebs I like..

2. hes rich, he can do whatever he wants.

3. i saw in an old interveiw on the news today where he talked about a heroine addiction hes been battling for 10 years :eek: which i never would have thought, hes made some great movies in the last 10 years

they said the addiction was linked to the suicide attempt

4. yah i heard about this and was so pissed off. I think owen is an awsome actor. i just wonder what was happening you know..only time will tell i'm sure he'll talk about it sooner or later.

5. NOOOOOOO owen what the fuck are you doing?!

Damn man he was a good actor and seemed like a good guy... what the fuck

6. Hell yah that shit was funny! i didn't even realize it was eric koston while i was watching it.

7. What the fuck, this doesn't change anything about his acting abilities or being a good guy.

Depression is a very serious, sometimes genetic illness.

8. Its like damn, you have ALL this money, women LOVE you, and you're extremely successful...I don't understand how you could be depressed, but then again I don't know his situation, I def. support him though.

9. Thats what I used to think too. However, once you have it all, and theres nothing more to get- it can lead to huge depression. I quote The Beatles "For I don't care too much for money, For money can't buy me love.”

10. Yeah but Owen Wilson has been typecast now under his whacky/comical personality. What if something tragic were to happen in his life to remove his spark - but he still has to appear as a radiant cheerful man under the public's eye. That'd get depressing, to wear a fake smile always.

11. This sucks. He seems like a cool dude.

12. get well soon owen

13. damn... that sucks. that motorboatin son of a bitch

14. i don't like him, it's funny i was just watching behind enemy lines on tv. I wonder how he tried to do it.

15. I hope he can pull through this, I know depression can be tough to deal with, best of luck to you Owen.

16. He slit is wrists is what they said.

17. Why couldn't Britney Spears or Paris Hilton try to kill themselves instead of Wilson?

18. didnt owens brother slit his wrists in the royal tennenbaums or whatever it was....?

anyway, the guys a good actor, and i hope he pulls through...

sucks to see someone try...