replaying events that occured over and over in your head?

Discussion in 'General' started by GillyTHEkid, Jun 17, 2012.

1. anybody else do this?

ill definitely do it for the good times but i do this even more for bad events. i made a thread about quitting my job and it was really messy. yeah i was at fault but not all the blame can be put on me.

i keep replaying over and over what happened, about what i should've done or what might have happened if i did this or that. my buddy is a "supervisor" so he was with my actual supervisor when this occurred and the fact that he had the nerve to say something to me still irritates me because he's like shadowing so he has zero power. he also played a small part in getting me in trouble as well.

i think the reason why im still caught up is because i really did care about my job and the people who i thought were my friends betrayed me so hurts me deep down :eek: i also do this when a date doesnt go to well so its a common thing with me but its annoying.

thats why i wanted to ask you guys if you had any advice in overcoming this. i just want to stop thinking about it and move on but i catch myself replaying that bs.

one last thing, when i called my supervisor the night before, she told me everything was fine and i wasnt in trouble. she even said "see you tomorrow" in a really sweet voice. then the next day out the blue she wants to suspend me for 3 days....

i apologize for blabbering about what happened but there isnt anyone that i can vent to so i really appreciate this forums and you guys. thanks :smoke:

2. atleast u have weed. im dry ...

3. When you catch yourself ruminating about what happened, immediately think about something else. It's a bad habit that you can only beat by consistently, consciously trying to change your thoughts. Try and think about the moment you're in - examine things around you, and try to enjoy the moment. Feel the weather, see and smell your surroundings, feel the ground underneath your feet or butt.

I used to have the same problem. The key to stop replaying events is to stop worrying about the past, by living in the present moment.