Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Replacing my broken bong...

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by diesel72, Dec 14, 2007.

1. Well, I guess I gotta start off saying what happened to Dante and everything. It was a "Dr. Rx" (I bought it knowning it wasn't going to be a ROOR, but it was $260 out the door, compared to ROOR prices...) 24 inch, glass on glass, beaker bottom, diffused downstem(it was just a normal downstem with 6 slits cut in it but still had the bottom open), 18.8mm, 2 dome percs(9 holes on each of them), and a splash guard. It ripped really nice and you could get it very milky.

Me and my roommate were in our dorm bathroom with it and put it down on the carpet mat thing in front of the shower(so it wouldn't chip or anything on the tile:rolleyes:), and I guess the carpet was on his foot weird or something and he freaked out and slid the carpet quick...bong fell and broke at the percs. When it happened it was Wednesday morning during exam week, I had been up(and smoke/drink free) since Sunday strung out on Addy studying 24 hours a day and taking 3 exams and was going to take a half day break because my last exam was Friday night, so it didn't even hit me as the bong breaking, more just having to walk the 10 feet back into our room and grab a pipe. Right away he said that he'd buy me a new one or give me the money.

This is where I'm not sure what I want to do. I'm kinda up in the air between three choices:

1. Go back to the same shop and get the same bong, but might get it in a straight tube though.

2. Throw down some of my own money and get a nice bong like a ROOR or LUX. Something like a Icemaster 5.0. Aside from having less drag(I didn't find there to be much drag on my old bong, but I know there'd be less) and the quality difference, what actualy makes a ROOR hit better than other bongs.

3. Get a few simpler peices. This is what I'm leaning more toward now. Would be looking at getting something like:
    - EHLE 1000mL Icecatcher(diffuser)
    - EHLE 250mL straight tube(diffuser)
    - EHLE Precooler
    - EHLE Turbo bowl, small 14.5
    - ROOR 15cm steam roller

That comes out to ~$240 on vansterdam

What would you guys do?

Thanks a lot.

2. do you think your friend is going to have any hesitation coughing up when its time to cough up?

3. How odd, I just posted a thread about my new bong and it's almost just like that one minus one perc

4. I got a roor 25cm steamroller.

Ive had it since may and never used it because the hole in the bowl part is like way to big and I dont have a screen for it and i never wanted to use a metal screen. I dont know why its so big, but no joke man.

it looks cool tho :confused:

5. He wanted to go right them to go buy me a new one, but I said to wait until after break becasue:

1. I couldn't deal with it right during the middle of exam week.
    2. I know it's a lot of money to spend right away if you're not expecting it.
    3. Now I don't have to find a way to keep it at home over break.

6. 1. Walk out to your drive way or a nearby street
    2. pick up a pebble
    3. stick it in the bowl

7. That looks alot like mine did, but the percs were shorter. But that's prob. because it had two.

Does it have any name printed on it?

8. thanks for the suggestion. I only use glass screens in my pieces because they dont scratch the glass. pebbles n metal screens will fuck up a new glass piece if you ask me, I dont even wanna try it but thanks man:smoking: