Replacing A Bowl

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by lookingForSomething, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Hey everyone.

I acidentally broke the bowl for my bong and it shattered so badly that I can't even like bring in part of it to a head shop to get one of a similar size. How can I find a replacement? Can I just bring the whole bong into a head shop and try out different bowls to see one that fits?

Thanks for the help.

2. You shouldn't bring your bong into the headshop, unless it's perfectly clean, since they sell their products for 'tobacco use only'

I suppose if you live in a Colorado or Washington (assuming your from the US) you could. Not sure though

3. DO NOT TAKE YOUR PIECE INTO A HEAD SHOP. it's a great way to get kicked out

stay high and fly~

4. Yeah that's what I was thinking about bringing in the whole piece that it would just piss off the people running the shop. What's the best way to find a replacement bowl? Just look at the bowls they have in stock and kind of eyeball which ones would fit my piece?

5. #5 ButterMyBunz, Aug 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2014
    If its a bowl to a bong it should be either 2 sizes Wide or standard. The wide is 18mm and standard is 14mm. A way to check is if it looks like a penny can fit in it with a little force and get stuck then its 18mm. A 14mm size will be way to small to fit a penny in it. 

• Like Like x 2
    Nice way to explain it bud!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks :)

8. Thank you for all the help everyone. I was looking for some pictures to try and give you all some extra information and my bong is very similar to this one: http://www.grasscity.com/us_en/ceramic-waterpipe-28.html#.U_Wc1aPN7w0

Except my bowl was obviously made of glass and not metal. Would I still be looking for either a 14mm or 18mm bowl? If so, what part of the bowl is 14mm or 18mm? The part the connects into the downstem? The bong also had an o-ring that slid up and down the bowl so that the bowl didn't slide too far down the downstem. Thanks for the advice everyone.