+rep

Discussion in 'General' started by Gooseman, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Neutral Rep happens when the person giving the rep doesn't meet the requirements to give Real Rep, this is because the person giving the rep doesn't have a high enough rep bar for there rep to count.

Neg rep can only be given by a V.I.P user with a red name, so don't piss anyone off who has a red name ;) well just don't piss anyone off anyway :p.

And real rep can only be given by a user with 6 Rep bars i'm pretty sure that's the amount you have to have anyway. :p

That should answer some of your Rep questions.

2. Ah thanks. Also, is there any thread that further describes the points needed to reach new rep bars?

3. I just got rep from Misc420, my life is complete

I'm gonna start something new and thank people for rep when I see them in other threads, just to shake things up a bit

4. You have to have 6 bars to give pos. rep to anyone but if you dont have 6 bars, rep will only give points if you have more points than the person your giving it to

5. When your rep is green you get a new bar every 100 rep points when it hit's light green you get a new bar every 200 points so you will be able to give real rep when you have 700 points :)

6. Nope if you hav 6 rep bars you can give points to anyone even someone with maxed out rep, it just wont give them many.

7. Uh...I said that. lol

8. Ah thanks again guys! So really I should just lay off giving people rep (since I'm new and have close to none (41)) unless they have less than me, correct?

9. Uh...

I think you read the wrong posts.. It's the thought that counts not the number of points you give someone.

10. Ok. Thanks!

I'm glad I'm getting educated here first instead of asking in random threads later.

Stay high! :smoke:

11. 0h haha my bad i thought you ment you cant give rep to anyone with higher rep than you :D

12. that only applies if you dont have 6 bars lol

it wont give points

13. Yeh your right i send anyone who Reps me a nice comment saying thanks for the Rep and most of the reo i get doesn't even count, but it's the thought that counts someone went out of there way to show you that they liked your post and they deserve some thanks :p That's what i always do and so do allot of other members.

14. If you don't have 6 rep bars then it wont give points, but yeh your right if you have more than 6 bars you can give anyone Rep

15. +rep will be earned when you post something useful/helpful, not when you ask for it

16. It actually does give points if someone with 4 bars rep someone with 2 bars.

That's usually the common misconception with rep.

17. what the hell happened to the rep FAQ? all this crap was answered in there.

18. Yeh i know what i ment was if you have 6 rep bars you can rep ANYONE that has any rep amount haha sorry i'm a bit high :smoking:

19. OK here is everything you need to know.

What is reputation?
    Reputation is a way of rating users depending on the quality of their posts. If the administrators have enabled reputation, then the reputation icon will be visible in posts.
    Reputation may be positive , negative or neutral . Negative reputation may only be given if the administrator has enabled this. Neutral reputation is only given when the person giving reputation does not meet the criteria set by the administrator to affect someone else's reputation.
    How do I give reputation?

To give reputation, click on the reputation icon in the relevant post. This will reveal a form to complete with the reputation type and the reason for giving the reputation. If negative reputation is disabled then it will not be displayed in this form. You may not give reputation for the same post twice.
    How do I know what reputation I have received?
    You can view the reputation that you have received in your User CP (User Control Panel) where it is displayed at the bottom of the User CP page. Here you will see the latest reputation that you have received and whether this is positive, negative or neutral. Your total reputation will be shown as series of reputation indicators in your posts and profile. The more positive your reputation, the more positive icons will be shown. The more negative your reputation the more negative icons will be shown.
    How much reputation is given? What

is reputation power?
    If the administrator has enabled this, the amount of reputation that each user will give (or take away if negative) is shown in the user's posts as 'Reputation Power'. The value of the reputation power is determined by the administrator and may increase over time depending on the settings they have applied.

What if I don't want anyone to see my reputation?
    You can disable the display of your reputation by going to your User CP and selecting Edit Options. On this page you will find a check box labelled 'Show Your Reputation Level'. Un-checking this box will remove the display of your reputation and replace it with the Reputation Disabled icon. You can still give and receive reputation while your reputation display is disabled.

20. +rep?

Its all about likes now.