Rep Power Display

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by Mogwai, Aug 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This seems like it would be a cool feature and I've seen it on a lot of boards so I'm guessing it is either a default feature or easily edited in? Usually placed below post count, there's a Rep Power:# thing that obviously displays the users rep power. Since we can't view other profiles to see how much our rep has affected them, this could be a useful feature. No?

2. .....um no.

3. It would be cool, but just not worth it.

You would have to hack in the coding and change everything it would be allot of work for a fairly insignificant feature.

4. it would be a cool feature and good thought, but I agree it would be alot of work.

5. it would be nice to be able to see right on peoples posts. that way we're not taking advice or something from some one who's credibility we know nothing about and might just be some 13 year old trolling

6. it's right above everyones name bro...

7. I know what he's talking about, there's a feature in the admin panel that would allow users to show how many points they give out when they give out rep.

Frankly with all the consternation already extant about rep, I don't see how this would help

8. I think it would be a neat feature. I have wondered this myself.

9. There wouldn't be any "hacking" involved... The owner has the choice of having it on or off. He didn't write the code for this forum.

10. Depending on what rep power is exactly, it probably wouldnt be that difficult to program in. Do you code at all?

What would the difference between rep bar and this rep power mogwai?

11. Shouldve read farther... in this case since its a variable that the system already is keeping track of it would be very easy to program this in.

12. I ment if it's a completely new feature he would have to hack in a new code well not him the people who tech people you cant just click edit web site

I don't know if it is a new feature but what i ment was if it was then there would have to be new coding and everything.

13. oh shit, it is
    thanks i never noticed that

14. Sigh....there's no programming involved. It's a switch that the Admin can turn on or off.

Currently it's off. I don't see it being turned on

15. Oh ok then :confused: my bad i'm not to knoligable about that sort of thing, but what i ment was if it's a new created feature then he would have to program it in.

16. I'd be telling a lie if I said I haven't spent time trying to figure out what my rep power is. Like I said, you can't easily view how it affects other peoples profiles when you +rep them, so it would be nice to know I think. I still haven't figured out how much rep power I have haha =(.

I dunno, maybe I'm the only person who is curious about it.. And you can hide rep can't you? I'm guessing if this feature were put up users could toggle it on and off for their account?

17. Honestly, I find it hard enough to get any rep as it is.

-__________-

18. you gotta up yo game man

19. Dang, you have a good amount of posts too. Help people more? Make a funny? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.